Quantcast

suggestions on new wheels...

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
I have a Felt Compulsion 2, 140mm travel, 20mm thru axle, blah blah. Basically, the stock wheelset is waaaaaaay too wimpy for my tastes. I could fold em in half if I tried hard enough. On a previous bike I had some Azonic Outlaws, which were great for the price, but kinda hefty. I know everyone has an opinion, like other things, but I wanna get a general idea of where to look next. Had been thinking about getting the WTB Laserdisc FR wheels, not bad on weigh, but plenty wide at 30mm.

yamaguy01

Chimp
Jun 2, 2008
Fussa, Japan
I just bought a set of Easton AM Havocs. They seem really nice and I have read some good reviews. They are light and suposidly strong though I have not completed my bike build so I can not say from experience how the ride or how strong they are. I just went off of alot of reviews on different sites. I hope this helps.

Dave:cheers:

dirtslayer

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
socal
I just got a set of the atomlab pimps with aircorp hubs.. I love the price, and stiffness, plus they look great. But i have to say this rim is poorly designed. the angle of the spoke nipples is not for a small widthe hub such as the 135mm or a front end. when laced up to the 135 or front, the spokes have a kind of bend to them, due to the wrong angle of the nipple. but for the 150mm hub, it should be fine

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
budget isnt a huge issue, since I have employee discount to work with at a shop...I'll look into whats been suggested so far. One thing is certain, no way in hell will I ride shimano hubs now. Just had one blow up on me after 3 months.