Quantcast

Sunday Dinner....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
What did you make?

This week I made Pork Tenderloin. I let it warm for a day with Olive Oil, rubbed it with Thyme and mushded garlic, a little pepper and salt. I heated the oven to 450d and in a Iron pan I browned the loin in the pan and then placed it in the oven for 10 minutes flipping it halfway temp 135d for medium. Boiled Red Potatoes mushded. I used cheap canned gravy which I finished in the pan after I plated the loin and let it rest tented. Frozen sweet corn with copious amounts of butter and touch of season salt.

Just needed crescent rolls and cornbread Pork Stuffing. The loin came out pretty good. Rule of thumb 1 loin per person. If you trim all the fat off the loin you cannot make any semblance of gravy out of it. Put salt in the water you boil the red potatoes in otherwise they will taste like nothing. Real butter also. Pick the larger chunks of garlic out of the pan before you finish the gravy in it. A little corn starch or ap flour will get rid of the fat globs in the gravy. Iron pan is essential for this also. I made apple and fennel salad but it came out horrible and I threw it away....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
What did you make?

This week I made Pork Tenderloin. I let it warm for a day with Olive Oil, rubbed it with Thyme and mushded garlic, a little pepper and salt. I heated the oven to 450d and in a Iron pan I browned the loin in the pan and then placed it in the oven for 10 minutes flipping it halfway temp 135d for medium. Boiled Red Potatoes mushded. I used cheap canned gravy which I finished in the pan after I plated the loin and let it rest tented. Frozen sweet corn with copious amounts of butter and touch of season salt.

Just needed crescent rolls and cornbread Pork Stuffing. The loin came out pretty good. Rule of thumb 1 loin per person. If you trim all the fat off the loin you cannot make any semblance of gravy out of it. Put salt in the water you boil the red potatoes in otherwise they will taste like nothing. Real butter also. Pick the larger chunks of garlic out of the pan before you finish the gravy in it. A little corn starch or ap flour will get rid of the fat globs in the gravy. Iron pan is essential for this also. I made apple and fennel salad but it came out horrible and I threw it away....
Sounds all great but I would skip the gravy and have extra beer instead.