Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
F1, maybe a ride, 5 million things on the house maintenance to-do list, watching Andorra XCO races.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
circa 1988....was not expecting to see this....packed away around 92 or 93...

20230827_084859.jpg

kim and chris were walking around the club handing these out....ultramega ok tour...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo

kids triathlon this morning.

then later hunting down something at Home Depot to cap a transected sprinkler line (outside the fence line, not associated with my lawn regrowth shenanigans).

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I might sound like an old guy here, but the unmarked Amazon delivery guys seem sketchy. It's 8:30 so not crazy early, but it's also Sunday. Homeboy in a beater Mitsubishi Mirage is rolling slow through my hood scoping houses. I know he's looking for an address (likely mine based on my wife's Amazon habits) but it looks sketchy. They should have a door magnet that says Amazon or have to wear a hat or something. But some dude rolling slow and smoking through my hood while eyeballing every house seems suspicious.

Yet here we are. :rofl:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Back pain is easing up. Still not back to normal but better. Some more rest and just waiting for the doc visit on Friday. Being stuck on the sofa might be isolating and lonely but at least a heat wave is coming this week.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Morning Monkeys.

I might sound like an old guy here, but the unmarked Amazon delivery guys seem sketchy. It's 8:30 so not crazy early, but it's also Sunday. Homeboy in a beater Mitsubishi Mirage is rolling slow through my hood scoping houses. I know he's looking for an address (likely mine based on my wife's Amazon habits) but it looks sketchy. They should have a door magnet that says Amazon or have to wear a hat or something. But some dude rolling slow and smoking through my hood while eyeballing every house seems suspicious.

Yet here we are. :rofl:
Sounds like an amazon flex contractor. Most of Oregon is served by a contractor called on-track.

Probably the number one reason so many packages are going missing since they started outsourcing deliveries after the strikes, pretty shady drivers using their own POV’s. More of them get pulled over for wants and warrants than they can hire and replace.

the smart ones will typically lease a box truck or van but there will always be groms in hoopties

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Day is going okay. 5th fastest in practice. Qual 8th because she spun every lap but 2 in Qual on new tires. Those 2 laps she was 1sec off her pace but was passing traffic. Coaching time going over video and data focusing on front of track corners.

Pre-final up two to 6th. Fastest lap of the weekend. Needs to work on her passing, which she and her coach will be talking about before her the final. She's in with the fast group of kids now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Prospected around Leadville for a couple hours yesterday, nothing major but fun exploring new ground

View attachment 199581
looks vauguely like the stones i pissed into a toilet about 10 years ago....not that volume of course...

to say i was pale afterwards would be a understatement....my freckles were a lighter shade of brown...

do not want to do again...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley finally had her first good outdoor race weekend. Qualifying could have been better, but she'll learn driving on fresh tires. She took in everything from the coaches and used it.

Finished 6th overall and was glued onto the fast group kids for about half the race until she made a mistake. Two fastest lap times all weekend were during the race. Most of the parents came up during or after the race and said that this was what they had been waiting for. Most knew that she was fast, but that it hadn't fully clicked yet. It registered this weekend. Even one of the boys, who didn't know her name, told his mom "that girl is fast". Because he's never had to race her before (she was so far back) and she was all up his ass until she made a mistake. He's been top-3 half the season.

I'm scared of the bill coming during the week, since being under the team tent is a new expense, but it is now officially worth it. She hasn't been this confident in ages. Wifey was there and really supportive to see if. We're heading out to dinner to celebrate now.