Quantcast

!@#$ Sunday I can't sleep GMT $#@!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For some reason I can't sleep. I spent most of yesterday doing chores around the house. Trying to get all of our tax stuff together for our CPA is extremely difficult with Wifey though. She still hasn't reconciled her expenses and mileage from last year. It is quite frustrating. This is the only part of our finances that I don't handle, so I dont have a full grasp on her system. I think I'm going to take over her records this year, as it's the second year running that she has done this.

Otherwise, I am going skiing with Nick today. It's been snowing all night. YEAH POW!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Didn't sleep well either, drinking coffee, waiting for Stoney to head to dem hills.

I did, however, get my taxes done and filed yesterday.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Relaxing around the house today and finally flying out of town this afternoon. Fingers crossed that we make it to Kansas City this evening with no delays/cancellations.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wife is sick but the boys are in good shape again. Stomach bug going around in NYC at the moment. More sledding planned today before the snow is washed away by the rain tomorrow.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Slept in to 11 AM then ran some errands/exercised/cleared the ice from both cars, after which I cleaned up residual snow that had been hiding underneath the cars. Exciting stuff.

The main roads out here are all clear and plowed, but merchants' parking lots are still a ****show for the most part.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Now that looks quite tasty. Izzit Backside of Parsenn? Eagle Wind lift stuff?
Off Panoramic for the first three, and Trestle for the last one. I am just going to point out that while I am not a fan of moguls, for obvious reasons, Trestle scared the living hell out of me. I definitely dropped into the trees there because I felt it was safer. Trees safer than a marked trail. Chew on that for a bit.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Off Panoramic for the first three, and Trestle for the last one. I am just going to point out that while I am not a fan of moguls, for obvious reasons, Trestle scared the living hell out of me. I definitely dropped into the trees there because I felt it was safer. Trees safer than a marked trail. Chew on that for a bit.
Ahhhh... the Trestle rollover. Yes - that has scared people.

You've not poked your nose into Topher's Trees yet? Or into The Chutes?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ahhhh... the Trestle rollover. Yes - that has scared people.

You've not poked your nose into Topher's Trees yet? Or into The Chutes?
Not sure. We both almost died cutting through the trees from Iron Horse over to Challenger lift. I was in at the extreme upper end of my ability level and way above my comfort level. Dense trees and steep as all hell.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Not sure. We both almost died cutting through the trees from Iron Horse over to Challenger lift. I was in at the extreme upper end of my ability level and way above my comfort level. Dense trees and steep as all hell.
Heh - Pine Cliffs? Yeah... you probably don't want to go into Topher's or the Chutes quite yet. Wait until you're comfy in Pine Cliffs...

Oh - and be careful in those trees off Trestle... dude died in an in-bounds avy there last year. https://avalanche.state.co.us/acc/acc_report.php?accfm=inv&acc_id=433

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't think so.
Draw a line from the top of the pony express lift to the bottom of challenger lift.

Those.
That's the ones I noted. SS - go up one glade from your point. My error on Iron Horse instead of Pony.

Either way, that was some steep isht. Nick was doing pretty damn well until his ski came off. It them became a repeat of last week, but in steeper terrain, and Nick not me.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
That's the ones I noted. SS - go up one glade from your point. My error on Iron Horse instead of Pony.

Either way, that was some steep isht. Nick was doing pretty damn well until his ski came off. It them became a repeat of last week, but in steeper terrain, and Nick not me.
Dang... those glades aren't so bad. Way better since they went in and cleaned out a bunch of the beetle kill. There are some steep bits in there - and with low-ish snow coverage there tends to be a lot of... ummm.. obstacles.