Quantcast

Sunday in Sedona

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
FINALLY got out of town last weekend. It was nice to escape the heat (for the most part). We had a group of seven riders that went up for a wonderful day of slick rock and red dirt. We all started out together but two of us got somewhat separated as we stopped to take photos of the Porsche house. It worked out well as we ended up riding some different trails that were really good. As the rest of the group headed over to Sub Rock we wound up at Chicken Point. We met another rider and his dog there who had recently relocated from San Diego. We then blasted down from the point to meet the group at Sub Rock dodging several of the pink tourista Jeeps along the way. We had to re-trace our steps which called for a big climb out which was just fine with me. On the way back the group split again with part of us riding the Llama Trail back. This was an extremely fun section of single track and was immediately added to my top ten list of trails. On the way out of town we found a great restaurant which served breakfast until closing. :thumb:

Starting Out

A section of the Llama Trail

I want to live here!

Sedona slick rock

Climbing up the Jeep path

Looking down on Sub Rock from Chicken Point

Obligatory bike p0rn shot

Trail dog

The gentleman from San Diego- no beach here dude!

On Sub Rock

Where's Waldo? Dropping off Chicken Point

A nice roll through this section!

Apocalypse Now!

As always, thanks for looking!