with a bit of patience and great customer service
which in my books goes along way

The 06 Sundays are now here in Australia
and hopefully all the previous year models
problems are sorted on the 06 models

hope this helps you make a decision

cheers

Was that a poem?

It depends on what your riding style is like. The Sunday is very racy, with an extremely low bb and pretty light weight. The hardware was way too weak last year, who knows about this year. The V10, which I ride, is definately more of a plow bike but still well suited to racing. It's a little heavier, I believe, but still quite acceptable. So if you are a ligher or more precision type rider, sunday probably better, if you like to straightline it and dont always hit your landing just right, probably better off with the V10. More importantly to me, is that in a whole season of racing last year I didnt so much as tighten down a bolt on the V10 frame, and with gear on Im probably pushing 190 pounds. I thought about switching from my V10 to a sunday elite this year, but when I looked at it it really didnt make any sense. Why would I (or you) switch to a less reliable bike that may or may not be better for you when youve already got a very capable ride? Unless you are unhappy with the way it rides, and I cant imagine you would be, keep your V10. BTW, Im assuming you have a current generation V10, if you have the old one it's a different story.

Everyone has a hard on for Sundays on this forum, theyre not bad bikes but theyre not god's gift to downhill either. For 05 the hardware broke, the finish practically fell off, and while theyre pricing is good I dont think its good enough to offset the poor quality.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
TheInedibleHulk said:
Everyone has a hard on for Sundays on this forum, theyre not bad bikes but theyre not god's gift to downhill either. For 05 the hardware broke, the finish practically fell off, and while theyre pricing is good I dont think its good enough to offset the poor quality.
well, someones going straight to hell......

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
TheInedibleHulk said:
Was that a poem?

It depends on what your riding style is like. The Sunday is very racy, with an extremely low bb and pretty light weight. The hardware was way too weak last year, who knows about this year. The V10, which I ride, is definately more of a plow bike but still well suited to racing. It's a little heavier, I believe, but still quite acceptable. So if you are a ligher or more precision type rider, sunday probably better, if you like to straightline it and dont always hit your landing just right, probably better off with the V10. More importantly to me, is that in a whole season of racing last year I didnt so much as tighten down a bolt on the V10 frame, and with gear on Im probably pushing 190 pounds. I thought about switching from my V10 to a sunday elite this year, but when I looked at it it really didnt make any sense. Why would I (or you) switch to a less reliable bike that may or may not be better for you when youve already got a very capable ride? Unless you are unhappy with the way it rides, and I cant imagine you would be, keep your V10. BTW, Im assuming you have a current generation V10, if you have the old one it's a different story.

damn straight Zedro...hell it is for hulk..haha..joking....but Sunday isnt really that bad....i mean..although the early 05 model had some problem with the hardware...and the paint is a bit weak..but now its all sorted out for the 06 model....and i would say its the best DH bike ive ever ridden(never ridden the v10..but still) GO FOR A SUNDAY...i did...so should you

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Colombian DHer said:
I own a Santa Cruz v10 but i´ve been tempted to buy a Sunday!
but i´ve read so many posts about the sunday having lots of problems and i have no problems at all with the v-10!
any advise??
What year V-10?

I have to agree with the Hulk here, the V-10 is an awesome bike. If you have no problems with the V-10 why would you sell it? The Sunday is an awesome bike too from what I've read but I don't think it's much better than a V-10.

If you're happy with what you have why would you go through the hassle of getting something else that may or may not be better for you?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I'm with hulk as well. Why should one be condemned to forum hell for being upfront anyway? Did he state anything that wasn't true? Why should everyone on this forum have to pussyfoot around the obvious just because the Iron Horse head honcho's hang out here? I'm sure they can except the fact that not everyone is going to care for their product. Afterall, that is business, no?

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
I would say if you didn't have the v10 then go with the Sunday. The price comparison between the two is enough to make a decision on alone. Either way you can't go wrong with IH

gangstamaxx

Monkey
Sep 12, 2005
CT
untitledsince89 said:
I would say if you didn't have the v10 then go with the Sunday. The price comparison between the two is enough to make a decision on alone. Either way you can't go wrong with IH
I wouldnt neccesarily base my decision on price. In alot of situations you get what you pay for...

static9

Chimp
Jun 17, 2004
Santa Cruz, Ca
as far as weight is concerned.. the even the sunday wc isn't incrediby light. it still weighs in at like 45.5 lbs, only half a pound lighter than a stock demo 9, and they suspension design on that (IMO) is much better than that of the sunday. i'm with hulk. i'm not incredibly impressed with the sunday. and i gotta ask it too.... if u're happy with the v-10, y get rid of it.... i'm not telling u anything new when i say they're sick bikes...

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Also depends on your riding style, if you like to plow through gardens you may want to just keep the v10, the sunday is more of a stiff racebike that you can finesse, see if you can try one, of course few people have this opportunity

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
static9 said:
as far as weight is concerned.. the even the sunday wc isn't incrediby light. it still weighs in at like 45.5 lbs
While I have never weighed a stock bike there is NO way a Sunday World Cup weighs 45.5 lbs. I have the almost the exact same 05 build on my Factory and it weighs 41.5 lbs. The 2006 has even lighter components and should be damn close to 40 lbs.

The frame weighs 11.4 pounds with axle, seat collar and E-13 cups which is about 1.5 -2lbs lighter than a Demo 9 frame.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
static9 said:
as far as weight is concerned.. the even the sunday wc isn't incrediby light. it still weighs in at like 45.5 lbs, only half a pound lighter than a stock demo 9, and they suspension design on that (IMO) is much better than that of the sunday. i'm with hulk. i'm not incredibly impressed with the sunday. and i gotta ask it too.... if u're happy with the v-10, y get rid of it.... i'm not telling u anything new when i say they're sick bikes...

I have a large sunday Team and it weighs 45, there is no way a WC weighs the same, I would bet around 42. And it could easily be brought to 39-40