Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Plans to get high just got cancelled. With the snow earlier this week there's not many opportunities left this year and I don't think I've done any proper high country rides this year :(

Not sure what today looks like now as wife is injured and can't ride either.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Our foster dog slept through the night. Praise Jeebus. I tired to accompany Wife and dog on a hike this morning but I had to bail five minutes in because my ankle is killing me. That's about what I expected this morning after running a race injured yesterday!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
coffee on the deck. sunny at the moment, rain forecast has pushed to later in the day. sore from yesterday's chores. might muster up some energy and get out on the road bike before it rains.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Going to ride Lair o’ the Bear + Rutabega with my eldest kid this morning. But haven’t left bed yet. 30 min of snuggling with my snuggly middle kid was had.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning folks. Coffee consumed. Youngest made breakfast sandwiches and I taught a trumpet lesson. Good times! Gotta work on a practice plan for our impromptu practice today that adequately works my girls and works on their communication skills but doesn't kill them because we have a game tomorrow too. They just aren't working as a cohesive unit and their communication sucks so we aren't passing and working together. Hopefully I can change that!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley got 2nd at her first outdoor race last night. Some of her shut downs on passes were brutal; there is new rubber on her kart, but not like last week.

Kart servicing post race today. Then chores around the house.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
no cooking for this boy today, I made 34 tamales and a blackberry, chocolate Mole sausce yesterday. Including the overnight slow cooker of the pork the whole process took over 20 hours.

Today is vehicle inspection day from 11am to noon then mow the lawn and drink beer

But first as was noted in another thread "Isn't every GMT a coffee thread" I need a nice smooth mug of espresso

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... more contact on Haley's kart. Not like last weekend, but definitely there. That FDM sticker was replaced yesterday afternoon and the nose cone was clean. :disgust1:
IMG_20230917_084609.jpg

IMG_20230917_084630.jpg

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
About to go save two hen turkeys from becoming Thanksgiving dinner. Wife wants our tom to have a couple lady friends, considering he is trying to mate with the hen chickens.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
With getting high canceled, went on a solo big long dumb trail ride from home instead.
Screenshot_20230917_144620_Connect.jpg

Last edited:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
A week flying around and conferencing = catching the cooties.
Yeah, same, same.

Motherfuckers in the plane were coughing and sneezing like it was cool. I got a fever and a sniffle for my participation, but still showing Covid negative three days in…

Good thing, bc we picked three more tons of grapes today.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did another cross race this weekend, but cyclo and not auto. First race w/contacts in and first race on the BC40. On of the obstacles was a couch. I jumped it every time.

IMG_4109.jpeg
IMG_4110.jpeg

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
jesus merriwether christ. Went out for a little triathlon training on the TT bike. Turned down a local road that seemed pretty tame. Had a driver try and pass me around a blind curve nearly killing me and herself. She slowed down and dropped back, then honked at me a minute later. I started to lose my shit and then she kept beeping at me so I pulled over to let her go away and avoid conflict. She pulled over to scream at me, so I screamed back. That was not cool. Neither of us were in the right (turns out she was beeping to let me know I dropped my bottle) but she also came close to killing me. I need to cool my shit out on the road, but I honestly thought I was gonna die. Just need to off-my-chest that shit.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
jesus merriwether christ. Went out for a little triathlon training on the TT bike. Turned down a local road that seemed pretty tame. Had a driver try and pass me around a blind curve nearly killing me and herself. She slowed down and dropped back, then honked at me a minute later. I started to lose my shit and then she kept beeping at me so I pulled over to let her go away and avoid conflict. She pulled over to scream at me, so I screamed back. That was not cool. Neither of us were in the right (turns out she was beeping to let me know I dropped my bottle) but she also came close to killing me. I need to cool my shit out on the road, but I honestly thought I was gonna die. Just need to off-my-chest that shit.

Just say no to tires under 2" wide, stick to dirt and mixed surfaces.