Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Been cutting back pretty heavily on my drinking and sleeping better. Went to friends for board games last night and consequently fell off the wagon. Slept like shit of course, in addition to the mild hangover I'm now nursing. Fingers crossed for on the clock nap time. I am too old for this shit.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Finally got the shower up and running again yesterday after our pipe leak and water damage earlier in the week. It seems that we'll be getting a drywaller in here to retape the seams and repaint/texture the kitchen ceiling sometime next week. Feeling lucky cause it could have been soooooooo much worse.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This.

Shit weekend. It didn't snow, it's super warm in the foothills so I might go for a bike ride today. That's gonna be ugly.
Where ya thinkin'?

Should be doing another loop of Chimpex later.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skiing was fun yesterday despite shit snow conditions. Baby slept in our bed because she has more patience to cry then we do to let her cry it out. Symphony today with kids and all.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is dumping snow here and am about to go ice fishing. We have a 2 man portable hut and 4 people are going, so this should be interesting.

Matched with a girl on Tinder the other day. She rides road and TT and just purchased her first real mountain bike. Must not fuck this one up. :rofl: I just wish it was spring time so we could go ride.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey's gma died last night. Off to the Denver Art Museum to see the Star Wars costume exhibit. Kid birthday this afternoon. That is all.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Snowing here. Took my fat tired beach cruiser to beach not beach before storm became more intense.

Got lots of heat from XC skiers for ruining their trails.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
:wave:

Been cutting back pretty heavily on my drinking and sleeping better. Went to friends for board games last night and consequently fell off the wagon. Slept like shit of course, in addition to the mild hangover I'm now nursing. Fingers crossed for on the clock nap time. I am too old for this shit.
As someone who quit drinking 10 years ago but also makes money off people who brew and drink beer, I can offer no advice or opinions. My life is a giant contradiction...

Watching my daughter drink the boobie and I hope she passes out soon. It will mean I can jet out for a bicycle ride. The plan today is to try for the paved rez side roads. Cars scare me. Especially out here where they are going either 90mph or 20mph.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Is that crazy warm for Charlotte? We had a really warm day in the 60s last week and its been a mild winter this year which does not seem to change looking at the forecast.

One more weekend of fixing up the apartment. After soon 11 years on the place some parts have really started to show some age and needs attention. Biggest job this weekend was fixing up the 100 year old radiators which now look like new again. 10 years of steam heat had really done its job to the paint especially on the big one in the living room.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today's fishing adventure was interesting. The first spot we camped on was dead, so we moved down the shore a kilometer and then had a bunch of bites.

It snowed all day and when we left, the shoreline was quickly disappearing in the snow. Dragging the sled back to the truck was a hell of a work out.

Just before we left.

Brevard area in NC was golden for Tinder..:busted: But Tinder sucks...Last night I posed the most serious question so far of this ongoing conversation; SRAM or Shimano? First time I've ever asked a girl that. :brows:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Brevard area in NC was golden for Tinder..:busted: But Tinder sucks...Last night I posed the most serious question so far of this ongoing conversation; SRAM or Shimano? First time I've ever asked a girl that. :brows:
Aren't you like .. double the age of an average Tinder user? :busted:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It is dumping snow here and am about to go ice fishing. We have a 2 man portable hut and 4 people are going, so this should be interesting.

Matched with a girl on Tinder the other day. She rides road and TT and just purchased her first real mountain bike. Must not fuck this one up. :rofl: I just wish it was spring time so we could go ride.
Does your first ride have to include bicycles? There is another option...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Aren't you like .. double the age of an average Tinder user? :busted:
I have a recently divorced co-worker in his early 50's. He has used tinder quite successfully, at least to hear him tell it. And by "successfully" I mean he has supplied us with an almost never ending supply of LULZ because of crazy horror story hookups and dates. :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

date one: sexy time in fishing hut..

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Went to Thuper Awethum to escape the blistering February heat in the city.

Right at dusk I discovered a good sized log about chest high across the exit of a berm. It was at the end of the loop so I went back to the car, grabbed the saw, turned on my helmet light and cut the 8" dia. pine. Night cutting...

edit: The log had so much tension on it that it made a loud bang which I was not expecting.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yuna just won't stay in her room. I put her back 14 times in a row (without talking to make it as boring and unrewarding of an experience as possible) then put the gate up. Wife took the gate down, saying that she'd rather put her back 100 times than hear her yell at the gate for an hour and a half like earlier in the week. Well, she's getting her wish. Has to be close to 50 times she's put her back now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
holy hell. this is really bad the reservoir currently holds 3,578,366 Acre Feet of water = 1166015667428.282 gallons

Butte County residents near Lake Oroville, including the entire town of Oroville and nearby regions, were ordered to evacuate Sunday evening after the emergency spillway next to the reservoir’s dam suffered a possible structural failure, officials said.

“There has been severe erosion of the emergency spillway and a possible structural breach that could send uncontrolled water down the stream,” said Chris Orrock, a spokesman with the California Department of Water Resources.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Lake-Oroville-discharging-water-over-dam-s-10926950.php#photo-12360769

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In AZ. Spent the day with my family. It's been two years since I saw them, and it's the first time they've met my boys and wife. It was super awesome.

What was less awesome was my four year old waking up at 2:30 am and puking his guts out. All four of us are in a little 2-bed room. If we escape this bug somehow it will be a miracle. To add insult to injury, he walked into a Cholla cactus while out for a walk and wound up with quills in his shoes, thighs, hands, and arms... He wasn't a happy camper...

We're headed to Camp Verde tomorrow. Looking forward to being up there again. I think my boys will like it. (I hope they learned their lesson about cactuses too)

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
We're headed to Camp Verde tomorrow. Looking forward to being up there again. I think my boys will like it. (I hope they learned their lesson about cactuses too)
Where the East Verde River crosses 260/87 north of Payson there are some awesome fist jamming crack systems you can free climb next to a large overhanging cliff cave in the bluff just around the bend 1/2 mile east of the roadway on the right side of the river. (sign says flowing springs at a dirt road just before the river)