Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Lacking the motivation to get out the door for my run, so I just ate breakfast which means I have to wait now anyway. Score. Wife has five people in the basement right about to start a 2.5-3 hour spin session. Glad that's not me! :dead:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! I am at the airport waiting for my flight to Denver and then on to Dallas. The only issue I have is poop, have not so and really do not want to let loose on a small plane... Madonna a from the 80s is playing on the muzak system. WIFI is decent. So far it a pears there AR 2 toddlerso and one infant on the flight, they look sedated and I am hoping it stays that way. :thumb:

Uh oh... toddlers are drinking fruit juice.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm not sure of what to do with myself today. The only thing I want to see at my conference is from 1:30-2:30. Maybe just bum around the condo until then?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
In Denver, 3 Starbucks within a 1/2 mile of of concourse. I am in boarding class 5 Economy, good thing my ass is not as fat as it used to be. I had the misfortune of seeing a toddler boy pee on the carpet while his parents were checking the arrivals and departures. I am not fond of air travel. Time to board.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Just found out my AirBNB condo rental is against the condo rules (3 month minimum lease, posted in the elevators :D). That explains why the listing for it didn't actually have the building's name, just "Special Offer @ [Street that's nearby]".

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New wheel day, yay! :weee: No riding yet thanks to snow and mud, eff. :banghead:

Note: this is my gnarr wheel. DH crabon 27mm ID asym rim with 36 holes, bladed spokes mated to brass nipples, 108POE hub, e13 TRS+ ghetto tubeless with homebrew sealant. Should handle my no-skills fatass abuse better than the other wheel that I had to rebuild twice last year.

Last edited:

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Whole weekend summary -

Went crayfish hunting yesterday morning

Great success!

Then checked out a big cat rescue (sad but uplifting at the same time)

Took the 4 legger out for a woodland cycle tour

Hydration bottles are for pussies

Ended the day burning meats and wood from the backyard

Got a new lander done today...long-n-low jump, and said dirt wedge worked as intended (thx to @roflbox)

From last weekend, but eff it..cedar bridges rule

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rode this morning. On a new to me network. Lots of km's, and lots of elevation gain. These trails go over swamps and lakes and so will not be rideable in the summer. It was fantastic despite the climbs. May be the last time I can ride them before next year-the big thaw begins tomorrow apparently.

Drove around with the family to return a defective new laptop and buy another one at a different store. Yay.

Getting mentally prepared to solo parent for 9 days starting on Tuesday. :fie:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Whole weekend summary -

Went crayfish hunting yesterday morning

Great success!

Then checked out a big cat rescue (sad but uplifting at the same time)

Took the 4 legger out for a woodland cycle tour

Hydration bottles are for pussies

Ended the day burning meats and wood from the backyard

Got a new lander done today...long-n-low jump, and said dirt wedge worked as intended (thx to @roflbox)

From last weekend, but eff it..cedar bridges rule
crayfish...eno?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hey hey Monkies! Living the dream in Grapevine Texas. So far I have consumed 3 7% IPAs and more brisket than medically advisable. I have not been able to find a cigar so the win is still elusive. On a sad note there appear to be far fewer known collegues than I was expecting. Lots of new faces. I am truly fortunate to still be employed. In the end the only thing that matters is profit. Its bidness not charity. :monkey:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ski hut trip this weekend. Logged over 3K vert human powered skiing yesterday, and half that again today before skiing to the car. Spring slush was the jam! Ran into @Nick at the bar when I got back to town, good times.

Over heard just now at the most popular new brewery near my place: "nobody knows about this place!"

Le sigh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
No, because our system rewards more than just you. Its good to share, Toshi, its good to share. You can't expect an entire industry to work for free.
Who said anything about working for free? What I said was that 3% is stupid. (Or 3% + 3% if the seller's on the hook for both buyer's and seller's agents.)

https://www.redfin.com/why-redfin-how-you-save

I used our neighbor as our buyer's agent when we built our house, as the builder wasn't going to give us a 3% cheaper price if we had no agent. She did a good job and all, but I saw nowhere near 3% value in her services were we paying cash outright to her...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Did a crapload of projects around the house and I do mean around. Mowed lawns, trimmed hedges, even broke out the weedwacker for the border between the fence and the lawn. Worked on the RV for a bit then took a long walk of 9 miles. Came home and BBQ'd two full racks of ribs, cooked some broccolini and garlic in a skillet and finished dinner with some ice cream.our guests were well sated.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Howdy. Busy Sunday here - wrenching on my bike, getting Mojo HDR frame ready for sale (anyone interested? :brows:), effing taxes, getting ready for a trip to Chicago that starts at 4:15AM tomorrow. I am not in a mood for travel yet I'll have to visit Midwest twice in the next 10 days. :twitch:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Who said anything about working for free? What I said was that 3% is stupid. (Or 3% + 3% if the seller's on the hook for both buyer's and seller's agents.)

https://www.redfin.com/why-redfin-how-you-save

I used our neighbor as our buyer's agent when we built our house, as the builder wasn't going to give us a 3% cheaper price if we had no agent. She did a good job and all, but I saw nowhere near 3% value in her services were we paying cash outright to her...
Sellers here pay commissions to both agents, therefore 6%.
4.5%, 2.25% each to selling/buying agent for me. small(ish) price to pay for peace of mind and no hassle for me. Got emails/viewing alerts/paperwork almost nonstop from 7am to 11pm everyday. Dude helped me sell my house in 4 days, and I'll be pocketing $10k more than I was expecting/hoping for after paying him. And he's helping us find our new place. I can't complain.
plane ride.....try it nao?
Yea......I have no idea what that means.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My bike lite has a charge indicator. It requires me to keep my battery connected to the head to indicate the charge. At the same time it uses battery resources. I did not know this.