Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If it stops raining I am going camping and riding with my brother. Or sit around and watch baseball. Possibly doing some grilling also.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It is cold and raining, which I guess means it's a "good day" for my long run. 14 miles at 7:01 pace and now I am tired and hungry. Headed out now to acquire eggs and pancakes at a local eatery.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Cloudy here and could rain at any point (was at 5am this morning), so only one thing to do in this case; bikes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Went climbing with my family, Stoney, and Stoney-Child this morning. Good times even though the gym was quite busy. Wedding this afternoon: going to drive the EV there (Idaho Springs), which will make the wife quite range-anxious, I'm betting.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Went climbing with my family, Stoney, and Stoney-Child this morning. Good times even though the gym was quite busy. Wedding this afternoon: going to drive the EV there (Idaho Springs), which will make the wife quite range-anxious, I'm betting.
#RANXIOUS

beautiful day in black mtn/montreat. went and picked apples this am. chillin on the porch with a beer...might tool around the valley on my bike in a bit...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Good ride yesterday. I went full enduro and left the pack at home. I'm a convert. I'll be procuring a oneup edc tool/pump combo. I have embraced the tube strapping lifestyle.

Went for a hike up to a lake on Seymour and went for a swim with the Mrs and the 5yo.

https://flic.kr/p/Y6GCwL

Pretty awesome.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Storms stopped the lift at 2:30ish, rain started with the radar looking bad so called it a day. Now the sun is out so could have probably got another run in...if they started the lift again...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Was going to go hit the big Enderp-O race of the season, but basically the entire rear half of my car is suddenly not working. Hatch won't open/close/lock, have to put the seats down and yank the emergency release from inside, and then get to the outside quick enough to open, otherwise it DOES lock within a few seconds for some strange reason, rear turn signals not working and rear windows won't roll down/up. Rather than risk something falling off or exploding, decided to keep it local.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No such problem here thankfully, it's finally cooled off too, making sleeping easier, as no one has AC. Temps 48-49F while riding today. With a few clothes, no problem. Threatening to rain, but not happening. Trails dried out real fast from the last storms 2 days ago too. Still a lot of good riding to be had on the mountain bike.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Got a quick ride in this morning. Who knew that pre-ride Starbucks and Chobani yogurt could cut said ride short . Was gonna sling the flies in the afternoon for some native trout but decided to help my neighbor buy supplies and load up a box truck with Harvey relief supplies instead. He just rolled out for the Space City as I type this. Be safe brother.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Road some paths and trail on the donkey bike with a buddy. Good times. As soon as rubber hit the road it started to rain and boy oh boy was that rain cold. Thankfully the Sun came out for most of it. :)

Got a quick ride in this morning. Who knew that pre-ride Starbucks and Chobani yogurt could cut said ride short . Was gonna sling the flies in the afternoon for some native trout but decided to help my neighbor buy supplies and load up a box truck with Harvey relief supplies instead. He just rolled out for the Space City as I type this. Be safe brother.
Is it legal to fish there in January? That night be the only way to get my one buddy down south...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Loving the hot dry air of Colorado. Visited the Royal rip-off gorge, impressive but not worth doing twice in a life time. Million people, too. Gonna head for Breck tomorrow morning.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Loving the hot dry air of Colorado. Visited the Royal rip-off gorge, impressive but not worth doing twice in a life time. Million people, too. Gonna head for Breck tomorrow morning.
black canyon of the gunnison....less people....kicks more ass.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
As mentioned above, I went climbing with the @Toshi clan. Mariko is a monkey. Toshi is going to need to keep an eye on that one. We stopped at REI on the way home and got Haley her own climbing shoes and harness finally. I'll probably be getting a membership to a local gym in the next week or so because Haley loves climbing and it's something that we can all do together (Wifey and hang out at least).

Got the radiator in the Subie replaced today. I forgot that the ATF flowed through the radiator until I was wearing it. That little step added about an hour to my replacement process, as it involved having to deal with the tranny fluid too. One of my frustrations is that there is not a single video on Youtube about how to change the thermostat or radiator on the Forester, so I decided to film it while I did it. I need to stitch the videos together and add some documentation, but hopefully it helps somebody in the future (and maybe gets some dollars from views).

Hoping to ride in the morning.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
As the Aspen leaves begin to fall, this old man's thoughts turn to...
Studded snows.
Finally ordering rims for the snows I had for the 150 to fit on the Chevy. You can get alloy truck rims for $118 each, much cheaper than I figured.
Got a lot of driving to do this winter!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Did a rafting trip through there, started way upstream, was pretty fun actually. Best way to see "the gorge" probably. Swimming alongside the raft as we drifted into town was nice.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
As the Aspen leaves begin to fall, this old man's thoughts turn to...
Studded snows.
Finally ordering rims for the snows I had for the 150 to fit on the Chevy. You can get alloy truck rims for $118 each, much cheaper than I figured.
Got a lot of driving to do this winter!
Studded tires..F-yeah. Up here, yeah, not mandatory, but you are a lot less of a jackass if you are actually driving in control...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We get sheet/black ice at all of the stop signs in town, that is really where the advantage lies most of the time.
Black ice is simply frost frozen to the asphalt. Yes, it can be slippery, but there are usually good signs that it's present.

I've been driving when rain turned to freezing rain, talk about pandemonium. All of a sudden cars going random directions.

We get the entire ground coated with compacted snow/ice for months, so studded tires help immensely. Especially just being able to cross an intersection (sounds simple, but here in winter, it ain't) or get the hell out of the way of a vehicle sliding out of control. With some vehicles, like ones that have a lot of weight on the axle, studs aren't so necessary and winter tires do work, but studded tires are simply far safer for most motorists. I picked up some used and they were worth every penny.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Didn't run the electric car out of electrons today so the wife was happy. We even transferred both sleeping kids from the car to their beds without a peep. Winning.