Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Working weekend blows. More drinks than hours of sleep by a factor of 3--that's gonna leave a mark. Flying home upgraded to first class (insert monocle emoji) and hoping a ride will serve as detox.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Coffee, bacon, eggs, hash browns, more bacon, more coffee.

Storms on the radar, so no riding on the dongle. I apparently need a haircut, wife seems to be fixated on it. Even my boss said something about it.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
warm and rainy. we need it so i won't complain. drinking coffee. might ride later anyway. might take kids to one of those indoor trampoline-a-paloozas later. those places really need to serve beer.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So my mother in law wound up breaking her wrist last night. My job today is to keep the kids away from their grandparents (as opposed to ditching them there):/ it was pouring rain this morning, so I'm in one of those indoor playground places. $40. cant complain too much, there's room for them to go crazy, there's leather couches and massage chairs for the parents, and theres a bunch of yummy mummies in Lululemon...

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Working weekend blows. More drinks than hours of sleep by a factor of 3--that's gonna leave a mark. Flying home upgraded to first class (insert monocle emoji) and hoping a ride will serve as detox.
good news, the humidity and warm air is here thanks to hurricane nate, that will accelerate the detox

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Cold ass walkies this morning. Strong coffee helps, but looking like a meh day weatherwise. Came home to a Chewy box on the porch and wondered what the wife ordered. Saw Toshi's name on it and got all excited. He donated his RC truck to me since mine STILL isn't built (still waiting one a few parts on slow boat from China). So I will likely pick up a charger and piss the neighbours off today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was hoping to do some DH today, but rain all night has left all the trails closed at the resort. And its closing weekend. BALLS.

More trial riding to commence at 1:30. Hoping for hero dirt, but the wet leaves might have other ideas.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Got a little fly fishing in before Nate hammers us with rain. NWS is saying 2-7" rain and some wind. Stocked up on beer this morning while everyone was getting bread and milk.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Morning Monkeys.

Cold ass walkies this morning. Strong coffee helps, but looking like a meh day weatherwise. Came home to a Chewy box on the porch and wondered what the wife ordered. Saw Toshi's name on it and got all excited. He donated his RC truck to me since mine STILL isn't built (still waiting one a few parts on slow boat from China). So I will likely pick up a charger and piss the neighbours off today.
Coolness. Both of the LiPo should be charged now so you can rip around pre-charger. It likes to work its pinion loose on 3S…

We took the kids to one of those pumpkin places. I dislike such places. $60 for 2.5ish pumpkin-equivalents, a few minutes in a small bounce house, and a 5 minute "train" ride around the place. Hmph.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Effing window is back in the frame, with new rope for counter-balances. I didn't get to use any shortcut with this project, just land mines left by previous owners.

We've had some rain earlier, it looks that my fix of leaking rain gutters is working fine. If it stays dry for a few hours, I may go for a ride before sunset.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey there, classy ridemonkey people. I ran 18 miles this morning in some BULLSHIT weather. Warm and humid is bad enough, and today had the added elements of heavy rain and wind. I was happy when that run was done. 7:45 avg pace, and now I have a case of the tireds.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Final day of the Moab trip with wifey rounded it off nicely in Grand Junction on the way home.

Hymasa, Pothole, Rockstacker, Ahab.
The Whole Enchilada.
Navajo Rocks.
Lunch Loops - Gunny Loop (I'd forgotten how much fun the Gunny DH section is)

@Adventurous, you missed a great trip.

20171008_121807_012_01_resized.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
snuck in a ride on our good local trail. lot was dry. trail was NOT. much fun was had on slippery death roots. saw a bald eagle by the lake at the end. freedom! now beers and pizza.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Impressions of Navajo? Is that where the pic is from?
Pic is from Gunny Loop.

Navajo was fun for an easier ride day. Typical Moab riding, punchy ups with fun downs and slickrock sections. We'll definitely ride it again.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Despite the weather, I had a great ride today. 9.5 miles @ 9mph average in terrible, horrible, effing inhuman humidity.

In other sad news, the wife of Philip Keys, the president of NEMBA, passed away today when she suffered a cardiac arrest during a trail ride today. My sincerest condolences, Philip.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great ride this afternoon, even if the legs weren't having it.

But, holy mother of fuck, my buddy and I almost got taken out by a shanked golf ball. We were sitting near the cars chatting and having pre beer in the parking lot, which happens to be about 150 feet from the fairway of one of the golf holes. Well, some knuckle dragger completely sliced a ball in our direction. The damn ball flew BETWEEN us with the most unnerving whistling sound. Dude apologized and admitted how horrible he is, to which my buddy replied "yeah no shit man!!!". Lols ensued. But damn, that was a close one.

This Banshee Spitfire frame crested the 6000km mark today. I don't really blame it for cracking and wanting to tap out of life...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Climbing with Haley this morning. Got a quick little video:

Thinking seriously about selling the M and the Subie, replacing the pair with a Volvo V60 R-Design Polestar optimization (factory tune effectively). It shockingly only has .5" less legroom in the rear than the M. They also have an integrated booster seat option that adjusts seat belt tension for weight and lowers side curtains accordingly. Awesome.

Otherwise, snow tomorrow. Giddy.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:drool:

That actually looks pretty good. Seems to have good specs, too. 6 POT Brembos and Ohlins softness, I could get on board with that.
I wish I could get the actual Polestar. I can't really justify it at this point, but that blue. Oh, that Swedish racing blue.

I was looking at this one: http://www.jaguarmarin.com/used/Volvo/2015-Volvo-V60-4492c1180a0e0ae757ee4a82f63e2569.htm

Polestar tune, KPAX sport suspension and cat back (factory approved), and in the R-Design Platinum which is super rare. I could always upgrade to a nice set of 19" Polestar factory clone wheels (because they look great) for summers in the future too. I can sell the M and Subie, clearing the cost of this. I need to have it shipped here to avoid paying the CA state tax though, which is annoying. Stupid California.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
(Nick Pro tip: don't bonk.)
So you're saying to take more to eat with you than a single banana?

Did you do it as a recommended 'figure eight', or some other permutation?
Sorry for the dumb q's.
Thinking about next spring already!
Not really a figure 8, more like a "goggle"?

We did the big clockwise loop:
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7007957

But if you're looking for shorter, cut it in half and head north on Middle Earth to Ramblin and you'll have a very fun quicker loop.
Yeah like this... which now that I see the map is much more of a loop than a goggle... it's not as narrow at the waist as I thought it might be. Sorta shaped like a Chaco... I guess. If you're drunk.