Quantcast

Suntour RUX Re-valve

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
This damn thing has too much rebound damping for someone who only weighs 155lbs like me, so I did something about it. And now that I've put new shims in it for compression too I feel like it uses its travel easier so I can run more air pressure, which will further help the slow rebound issue. The info in the video should apply to all the PCS forks from suntour, especially the durolux.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Cool video.

I didn't have a RUX but the coil neg assembly on my Durolux was installed upside down which made the fork stickier than it should have been, Suntour US did a pretty shit job assembling my fork.
Doubt yours would be the same but it could be worth a look.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Damn that’s interesting. I also upgraded to low friction skf stanchion wipers and I gave the air spring a hard look but decided to not pull it out. I really probably soils with everything else I’ve run into on this fork that was either put together wrong new or done wrong by the last guy to service it.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah, mine also came low on damper fluid so it would cycle a few times and suck down.
Was going to take too long to send it back to the US for warranty so I had a look, was a pain in the ass to bleed as I am not suspension minded, shit is Voodoo.