Quantcast

Sup all? N00b here to join the group!

Randum

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Hey all, let me introduce myself, name is Justin and I go by Randum. I have always loved trail riding, and had a pretty standard Trek 830 (i know many of the bike community hates treks...but I have had them since I was little, and like them) for a few years when I was younger, and just enjoyed biking my whole life for the most part. I have taken up road cycling and got a trek 1200, and have been driving that near 1000miles since I got it along with a training program of sorts. I was a competitive swimmer my whole life through college-and its easy for me to transition the sports.
Just recently though, my buddy got me interested in this dirt jumping/freeriding, he has a Cannondale Gemni and a Chase, and well needless to say, after using the Chase, I got my hands on an '05 Chase with a few minor changes to it used off someone, pratically brand new if you ask me, great shape.

Basically I'm a road biker and hopefully with some hardwork, and lots of hours at our local biking forests,a free rider too. Just working on bunny hoping higher and manual/wheelies off drops at the moment.

So thats my story and I am looking forward to reading and posting!
Heres the chase

Heres the 1200

R

richcreek

Were you at Ray's indoor last weekend. i saw one of thoes chases op there. they are pretty sweet

Randum

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
nope, no indoor for me yet-I do love that thing on stairs so far, landing is so smooth, I know the fork isnt the best, its just the stance, with 100mm of travel, and as far as those go, i know its not great but it works so well for what i am doing so far.

Randum

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
yeah thats what i thought- after using a pretty standard cheap fork on the trail bike-this one is great. I really like this bike a lot.

Corksil

Chimp
Apr 10, 2006
Maui, Hawaii
Hey, I'm a n00b too. Nice looking ride.

I swam for a few seasons, and it's a very good cardio workout. I go to the gym on a regular basis, and it's hard to get that solid of a workout on a machine.

Welcome to the forum.

titch

Chimp
Apr 11, 2006
wisbech, cambridgeshire
supp! my names kay i go by titch coz i'm only little. wanna no if ne1 no's of any trials in bath. prefer downhill but getting out on my bike is good enuf, lol.just got into mountain biking i live life so flat here in east anglia but i'm moving to somerset get my tyres dirty for once. appreciate the help.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
titch said:
supp! my names kay i go by titch coz i'm only little. wanna no if ne1 no's of any trials in bath. prefer downhill but getting out on my bike is good enuf, lol.just got into mountain biking i live life so flat here in east anglia but i'm moving to somerset get my tyres dirty for once. appreciate the help.

English, motherfkr, do you speak it?

(/Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction)

I don't know of too many people who are from the UK on this board....maybe I am wrong.

Maybe look into the Europe section?

Roman

Chimp
Apr 25, 2006
Midlands,England
Hi,The names Roman I used to ride BMX(Flatland) a few years back.
I have just built up a nice DMR Exalt whith pikes and I plan to build up hardcore Fr/Dh bike soon