Quantcast

Supersets

mario

Chimp
May 14, 2002
Denver, CO
In August? Sounds like something for winter and spring. If I did that now I wouldn't have enough left for the weekend... :)

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
What kind of exercises you doin', yo?
Since I want to be more a bruce lee than a arnold I created this 3X12 superset split on 2 days. First time doing hi-rep superset it's hard!!!

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

um, I think he means what exercises as in what muscles you workin?
of course:confused:

day1

chest
incline db fly
incline db press

shoulders
lat db raise
front db raise

triceps
lying db extension
cable push down

day 2
back
lat pull down
straight arm cable push down

pull over machine
suspended body raise

biceps
standing bb curl
standing atl db curl

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Cool. How many times a week are you working out?

I like overhead presses for my shoulders.
I do the 2 day program twice a weak at lunch time so 4x a week

are overhead presses also called military press?

I did 2 programs of military press so I went with the lat and front raises. variation is the key for me or else I get bored

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Deyv

are overhead presses also called military press?
That's one variation. Military presses are with a barbell. I prefer the plain old seated overhead presses with dumbells. I am up to 65 pounders. :D Sometimes I do military presses, but I stay seated when I do them.

Hey bab, how many times do you lift rocks?
Three days a week:

Day 1 is chest/triceps
Day 2 is back/biceps
Day 3 is shoulders/traps

In the winter months, I add a fourth day which is legs. I lay off the legs during MTB season.

I'm thinking of mixing things up starting next week.

MBC follows the same program as me.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Then I am doing overhead presses and not military press. 65! impressive, I got up to 55 but I am not that strong.

That's one variation. Military presses are with a barbell. I prefer the plain old seated overhead presses with dumbells. I am up to 65 pounders. :D Sometimes I do military presses, but I stay seated when I do them.

Three days a week:

Day 1 is chest/triceps
Day 2 is back/biceps
Day 3 is shoulders/traps

In the winter months, I add a fourth day which is legs. I lay off the legs during MTB season.

I'm thinking of mixing things up starting next week.

MBC follows the same program as me.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Then I am doing overhead presses and not military press. 65! impressive, I got up to 55 but I am not that strong.

55 isn't that shabby! Stick with it, and you'll be able to bump the weight up. I ain't no Hercules myself. If I stop going to the gym, I lose that strength FAST. Plus MBC spots me, so I am able to push myself a little harder. :)

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal

55 isn't that shabby! Stick with it, and you'll be able to bump the weight up. I ain't no Hercules myself. If I stop going to the gym, I lose that strength FAST. Plus MBC spots me, so I am able to push myself a little harder. :)
I wish I had a spotter too, I hate asking guys I barely know at the gym, One time this guys was spoting me and was doing pretty much all the work on the last one and let go just before the end and the weight almost drop on my head!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Nice workout. I normally find people put too many exercises on chest and shoulders and not enough in the back. You have made a sweet regime and will see huge results in your upper and lower back.

Supersets are damn brutal but can be a lot of fun.

For a couple of variations you could try arnold presses instead of the military press. This will help strengthen you rotator cuff. And for more fun on the back you could try supersetting a light deadlift. Wow. Almost makes me wish I had more time to hit them gym. :)

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Originally posted by maelstrom
Nice workout. I normally find people put too many exercises on chest and shoulders and not enough in the back. You have made a sweet regime and will see huge results in your upper and lower back.

Supersets are damn brutal but can be a lot of fun.

For a couple of variations you could try arnold presses instead of the military press. This will help strengthen you rotator cuff. And for more fun on the back you could try supersetting a light deadlift. Wow. Almost makes me wish I had more time to hit them gym. :)
what is arnold press?

dead lift are scary, maybe it's just the name!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

what is arnold press?
Same thing as an overhead dumbell press, only you start at the shoulders with your palms facing in, and rotate the palms out as you push the weight up. It's an excellent variation, and brings some good stabilizers into the exercise.

Called "Arnold presses" because the move was made famous by Ah-nuld, giving him those huge delts of his.

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal

Same thing as an overhead dumbell press, only you start at the shoulders with your palms facing in, and rotate the palms out as you push the weight up. It's an excellent variation, and brings some good stabilizers into the exercise.

Called "Arnold presses" because the move was made famous by Ah-nuld, giving him those huge delts of his.
Thanks IAB! I saw some people doing those. I will try them soon but after my 6 weeks superset prog I am going into intensive legs workout :mad: I've got to be ready to pull that BOB trailer for 5 weeks in a row!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Deadlifts are a very powerful exercise. And when you start lifting large amounts of weight it is very tough. But the exercise when performed with perfect form will strengthen you back (lumbars and lats) to a greater degree than any other exercise. Because strict form is so difficult to explain get a powerlifter at your gym to show you how to do it. :)

They are fun.