Quantcast

Sure. Now is a good time for today to start gmt.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
no, upper management wondering why everyone is unhappy after the laid off almost half our team. so they had "focus groups"
$20 bucks and I'd tell them why without ever having to step foot in the building or talk to a single employee. It's not like some big giant mystery that needs a McKinsey led tiger team to tease out. It's literally the same fucking thing every fucking time, and it's never that people don't get enough fucking pizza parties.

God damn.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
$20 bucks and I'd tell them why without ever having to step foot in the building or talk to a single employee. It's not like some big giant mystery that needs a McKinsey led tiger team to tease out. It's literally the same fucking thing every fucking time, and it's never that people don't get enough fucking pizza parties.

God damn.
1701445048536.png

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
because they're dicks to you for incessantly bothering them with questions about shit you never buy?
youre Right, most of the other reviewers getting ignored are women or noobies, so it’s probably that. actually, they would have to pay attention to customers in order to ask anybody anything.
Oh no, the bike industry is failing! Surely it’s the customers fault!

Attachments

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I had a less than stellar service experience with the Loft, which was the original black mark, but at some point they didn't really seem interested in your business unless you were there to drop $10K on a road bike.

Maybe they've changed since I last visited. Some day perhaps I'll go back and find out, but likely not.
That’s fair. I have some local shops I frequent for service and special orders. I would continue to shop at cycle loft but I’m further away now and they have only trek and specialized at this point.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That’s fair. I have some local shops I frequent for service and special orders. I would continue to shop at cycle loft but I’m further away now and they have only trek and specialized at this point.
Goodale's in Nashua used to be my shop of choice, back when they were downtown in the old mill building. Place was awesome, it's where I got my first real MTB from. Then they moved to the new building, got the screws put to them by Trek and sold out.

The bikebarn in Whitman is the best "local" shop I've dealt with, but they aren't so local any more now that I moved away from the South Shore.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The Pima Trail Head by the Pima Trailhead.
Hiked for over an hour yesterday. Saw a few cyclists, some sort of ground squirrel, and a roadrunner. I managed to get back to the hotel before the rain started.
IMG_8781.jpeg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Goodale's in Nashua used to be my shop of choice, back when they were downtown in the old mill building. Place was awesome, it's where I got my first real MTB from. Then they moved to the new building, got the screws put to them by Trek and sold out.

The bikebarn in Whitman is the best "local" shop I've dealt with, but they aren't so local any more now that I moved away from the South Shore.
Trek and Spec are kind of a cancer. They take over the local shops, then offer direct to consumer, then force those shops to close by outcompeting them. Localest place is a trek dealer, garbage selection but the mechanics are friendly and capable so that's where I go for service. I had to laugh when they told me they couldn't get a replacement part for my SRAM shifter, only to go and buy it myself on Amazon then have them install it. There's another shop a bit further (Assabet River Bikes) that has a really surprising selection of stuff but I haven't needed their service yet. At this point, I otherwise just do things myself or buy them myself.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I had to laugh when they told me they couldn't get a replacement part for my SRAM shifter, only to go and buy it myself on Amazon then have them install it.
TBF, this was standard protocol for almost EVERY shop between late ‘20 and early ‘22, distributors simply didn’t have any product available, it didn’t matter who the fuck you were.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Trek and Spec are kind of a cancer. They take over the local shops, then offer direct to consumer, then force those shops to close by outcompeting them. Localest place is a trek dealer, garbage selection but the mechanics are friendly and capable so that's where I go for service. I had to laugh when they told me they couldn't get a replacement part for my SRAM shifter, only to go and buy it myself on Amazon then have them install it. There's another shop a bit further (Assabet River Bikes) that has a really surprising selection of stuff but I haven't needed their service yet. At this point, I otherwise just do things myself or buy them myself.
Word on the street is Trek told Goodale's they needed to take on a bunch of e-bike inventory to maintain their status, and when Goodale's couldn't move it (Goodale's knew this, which is why they never wanted the ebikes in the first place) Trek called in the debt and forced them to sell.

Same shit I'm sure the other bike companies try to pull once they get their claws into a particular shop.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just talked to the shop owner. They are going to get a team sticker kit made for her. When she gets her kart back at eom, it will have been broken down for a full service, had the new motor mounted, and have a new team kit. It's going to be damn near brand new to her. Her head is going to explode at the new team sticker kit. It's one of her goals for the year - to work up to team level and earn her kit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Got drug out of bed by the wife and teenager because they couldn't get "Bluey" to play on the TV. :rolleyes:

I guess I should get some shit accomplished today.
Speaking of wife and teenager, mine want to start a sourdough starter. I might need to stop by your house the next time we're down your way.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Doc said my thumb was just inflamed at the joint, not tendinitis and it should be fine in a while. My elbow is indeed the dreaded tendinitis. And unfortunately there isn't much to do other than continue wearing a brace. Six to twelve months of recovery time. He said I could start physical therapy anytime so I will in early January when things wind down at work for the Christmas season.

Trying not to let it get to me since I am planning on another thru hike attempt in April. Chances are I'll be hiking at less than %100. Not good, but what are you going to do ?

But fuck maaan, I wanna ride my bike again. :mad:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy Bluey myself, but good Lord if I'm sleeping in on my day off don't come bother me because you can't get a kids show to play.

I love it when other people decide when you have had enough sleep.

I left home when I was 18 after my parents decided I was a lazy teenager and dragged me out of bed at 7:00 AM on a Saturday the morning after I had poured the foundation of a house and had to transfer two cement trucks worth of concrete from the street behind a house with nothing more than a wheel barrow. If my google-fu is correct that was 81,000 lbs.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
TBF, this was standard protocol for almost EVERY shop between late ‘20 and early ‘22, distributors simply didn’t have any product available, it didn’t matter who the fuck you were.
Yeah the cost of a lever blade was 30 more expensive than a full shifter. Oh well, I bought it and still had them install it

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Bikes were ridded, but about halfway through the thing started creaking and sounded awful. I looked around to discover what I thought was a cracked shock mount. I got very sad. BUT, I purchased a replacement front triangle a while back just in case. Came home and took it apart only to discover that it could be a bearing creaking rather than the mount. This frame has a very fragile clear coat and it makes it look like it’s falling apart. The replacement frame has a couple of “cracks” that is probably just clear coat as well. Not sure it’s even worth the swap… but maybe we can get back on the trail with some cleaning and adjustment.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Speaking of wife and teenager, mine want to start a sourdough starter. I might need to stop by your house the next time we're down your way.
I also have some starter if you want some sooner-ish. Although I owe @Nick some starter as well... and have for like 6 months. 'Cause I suck.
:oops:

<snip>
Bonus points: your loafs will be terroir de casa de Stoney...
Come on, man... ain't NOBODY gonna want that. Not even @stoney.

:D