Quantcast

Syncline gathering The Results show (pics)

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
Hey thanks guys I had a ball (even though Grandpa :bonk: at Post) and the first run was so damned depressing.

We had 10 people show and even though the day was not without problems. First run down we came across a young gal sitting in the middle of the trail with a 100 lb long haired (black ) dead dog in her lap balling her eyes out, they had ran the dog to death without water and it died of heat stroke. And after the first run Kevin ended up with a kinked and leaking front brake hose and had to blow out. We did a couple runs and went to Post. And my stamina there sucked .

But it Was a great day on the mountain, and here are a few PIC's

deweydude

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
Washougal Washington
No sh!t ! You couldn't help but feel for her. More than one of us was almost in tears. But I wanted to slap her.

Steezy, Did you get the bike going? We'll have to do it soon.

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Thanks for the trip, guys, and sorry I wasn't around for the Post trip. Did you guys get a few runs in? I rode up the gravel road from the bottom of the Post Canyon entrance trying to find an entrance to a singletrack to run back to the cars, but I never really found one. I ended up just riding up the road, saw a momma bear with two cubs crossing the road while I was stopped eating berries, and then rode down the road back to the entrance to "a river runs through it," or whatever the trail that runs along the road is called (which has been built way up, by the way).

Hope to ride with you all again. Please shoot me a PM or post in the PNW forum if you all go in the next few weeks, as I'd love to keep up with a near-to-PDX group.

Now I'm in a post-beer fest drunken haze.

AllOver

Chimp
Jul 15, 2007
Portland, OR
Thanks for the trip, guys, and sorry I wasn't around for the Post trip. Did you guys get a few runs in? I rode up the gravel road from the bottom of the Post Canyon entrance trying to find an entrance to a singletrack to run back to the cars, but I never really found one. I ended up just riding up the road, saw a momma bear with two cubs crossing the road while I was stopped eating berries, and then rode down the road back to the entrance to "a river runs through it," or whatever the trail that runs along the road is called (which has been built way up, by the way).

Hope to ride with you all again. Please shoot me a PM or post in the PNW forum if you all go in the next few weeks, as I'd love to keep up with a near-to-PDX group.

Now I'm in a post-beer fest drunken haze.
We only got 1 run in at Post, but the runs down from the top are a lot longer then I would have guessed. It probably took us an hour to get down, but that also included screwing around and hitting some of the same lines multiple times. Ya, I had a good time, we'll for sure need to do this again sometime soon.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I reamber when someone was trying to block that 8 foot rock drop off by planting bushs and stuff on the take off. Guess that did not last to long.

Have you guys seen the movie "Have you seen it" ?