Quantcast

syringes

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I've gone back to the Hayes bottle bcz I found that the syringe created tiny bubbles and the bleed wasn't as effective. The syringe is definitely easier but I wasn't getting good bleeds. I didn't try pouring the fluid in which may be a better way than sucking it in. Still for a once/year bleed, the bottle is still my preference.

Most grocery stores have syringes in the kitchen tools section used for injecting marinades.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
I've gone back to the Hayes bottle bcz I found that the syringe created tiny bubbles and the bleed wasn't as effective.
To get all of those bubbles out, pull fluid into the syringe, but dont fill it completely. Point the tip up and cover it with your finger, then pull on the plunger. This will create vaccumm causing air trapped in the oil to expand and rise. Release the plunger and burp the air. Repeat these steps a couple of times and you will end up with no air.

As fas as getting syringes, just hit your local pharmacy and veterinary clinic.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
I got chased out of a CVS for asking for medical syringes so I would not recommend going there for them.:lighten:

My suggestion is to get a a baby syringe (meant for feeding babies medicine). The plunger body fits just enough oil to completely bleed the lines and the squirter fit snugly within the clear plastic tube the shimano mineral oil bleed kit comes with. Just fill the plunger, attach the tube to the bleed nipple on the caliper/end of baby syringe and squeeze.

edit: I know cvs sells those baby syringes. :D