Quantcast

T Minus Five...

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Thanks. And I found out that there's a 10 mile trail directly across the highway from the base, and it comes out 3 miles away from the shop I work at. And 87 octane just went up to $1.94 per gallon. I think I'll give my Pathfinder some much needed rest, and get rid of some (Actually it's a LOT) of winter poundage.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
So I was talking to my boss today, and since we live about the same distance from the shop, he proposed a little race. Whoever makes it to the shop first, gets a free 6 pack of Newcastle. :D :cool:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I had one of those for a week or so, wicked sick bike man! VERY LIGHT and fast, didnt really like the fork at all, but frame is choice,

go to tubeless or get some befier tubes, i poped my tube on the first race i did and i didnt have a spair. have a good time on it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
:devil:

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Originally posted by Skookum
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
:devil:
Skookum --> :nuts: <-- Me ;)

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Well my new toy arrived this afternoon. It's all blue and carbony and shiny :D . Using the ultra accurate bathroom scale weighing method (Weigh yourself, then weigh yourself holding the bike) :rolleyes: The XtC 1 came to a whopping 22 pounds :eek: .

Parts list for those too lazy to look for themselves.

Frame: 17" XtC 1 Aluminun front / Carbon rear
Fork: Manitou Skareb Super SPV (80 mm)
Wheels: Mavic 819 UST rims laced to XT hubs
Tires: Hutchinson Python UST 26 X 2.0
Brakes: Avid SD7
Levers: Avid SD5 (Soon to be SD7)
Shifters: XT
Bar: Easton EA 50
Stem: Easton EA 50
Saddle: Flite Ti
Seatpost: Giant Composite micro-adjust
Cranks: XT
Pedals: Time ATAC Alium (Soon to be Eggbeaters)
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Cassette: SRAM PG970

Now all I have to do is wait for the half inch of ice we received last night and today to melt. The next few days don't look to be much better either :(

levisghost

Chimp
Feb 17, 2004
San Jose, CA
Originally posted by BrokenChain
Thanks. And I found out that there's a 10 mile trail directly across the highway from the base, and it comes out 3 miles away from the shop I work at.
I want to know more about this trail you speak of. :D

Sweet ride BTW. :)

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Originally posted by levisghost
I want to know more about this trail you speak of. :D

Sweet ride BTW. :)
From what my boss tells me it actually is where some old railroad tracks were. It starts directly across from the South Gate of the base, and comes out about on whatever 5th Ave NE turns into. 2-3 miles north of Val's. it might not be single track, but I won't be getting plowed over by riding 83 either :D

levisghost

Chimp
Feb 17, 2004
San Jose, CA
Originally posted by BrokenChain
From what my boss tells me it actually is where some old railroad tracks were. It starts directly across from the South Gate of the base, and comes out about on whatever 5th Ave NE turns into. 2-3 miles north of Val's. it might not be single track, but I won't be getting plowed over by riding 83 either :D
Ohhhhhh okay.

I know where you are talking about...well where it begins at least. I'll have to look into finding out where it ends in/near town. I am sure my father knows, since he works for the railroad.

Thanks for the info! :cool: