Quantcast

Talas RLC set up

J

JRB

Anyone weigh 200 or so?? I am thinking my fork seems a little firm and wondered what pressure peeps are running. Not too many drops, but don't want to toss over if I roll one. Wondering which way gives faster or slower compression damping.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I weigh 190 and have it set right around 120psi. Rebound and dampening set right in the middle of both ranges.

Also of importance I run a Weirwolf 2.5 up front, tubless with about 30psi, which really helps with the small bump absorption

Set at 125mm on a Heckler.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crap I weigh 160 and only put about 60 psi in mine. I set the compression damping in the middle and set reboung 6 clicks back from full rebound.

Just read the set up manual and set the fork up with the recomended sag, the pressures they give are just estimates, a lot depends on the bike geometry and riding position.

J

JRB

Wow - I have been running like 90 in mine and it feels stiff. I just changed the oil to try and fix it, but no go. Hmmmm :think:

J

JRB

It feels nice on the trail with a lot less air than 90 lbs, but I worry about blowing through the travel. It feels best with 80 lbs or so. I will screw with the sag some more this evening. I guess it should be 1 inch at 5 inches of travel, right??? If I run 4 1/2 on it, how much you think I should take from that???

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
loco said:
It feels nice on the trail with a lot less air than 90 lbs, but I worry about blowing through the travel. It feels best with 80 lbs or so. I will screw with the sag some more this evening. I guess it should be 1 inch at 5 inches of travel, right??? If I run 4 1/2 on it, how much you think I should take from that???
Have you ever bottomed it out? If not then you can go lower. The modern miracle of the compression circuit may do more than you think.

J

JRB

Yeh - I have not bottomed that I know of, but after a few good wrecks, don't want to find the bad spot. I just have to get my head around set up again.

warthog

Chimp
Oct 25, 2004
San Luis Obispo Ca.
loco said:
I will screw with the sag some more this evening. I guess it should be 1 inch at 5 inches of travel, right??? If I run 4 1/2 on it, how much you think I should take from that???
For trail riding, sag is usually set at 20-25% of travel.