Quantcast

Tasteless poster at work

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So I work at Bell Helicopter now right? I saw a poster for this here helo:

The slogan was "We made it beautiful because it's the last thing some people will ever see"

I realize the purpose of the machine is to kill people......but isn't that slogan a little much?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
A little much for what? Wussies who get offended by stupid slogans? I guess it is.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Cobra goodness.

Comes with the territory of working at an arms manufacturer...suck it up or quit, pussy. My father worked at Raytheon and they had **** like that everywhere.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
MMike said:

The slogan was "We made it beautiful because it's the last thing some people will ever see"

I realize the purpose of the machine is to kill people......but isn't that slogan a little much?
i like your sensitivity. i find it particularly interesting.

enough of it to think a slogan is too much, but not enough to stop working at making killing machines.... :p :p

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I was offered several jobs by UK weapons systems manufacturers when I left university (as was nearly everyone on my course), told em all to f@ck off.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
ThePriceSeliger said:
I've seen a whole bunch of these. Probley a few a week. Really loud, but pretty damn cool.

[/IMG]
Ahhh the flipper-over-USMarine-killer!

In 1998, I was working on the engine for the commercial version of the thing at Pratt and whitney Canada....PT6B 67C....or something like that...

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I actully did hear about it. The Amarillo plant, when it was built, was only going to build the V-22. It was a semi big deal because if something were to go wrong, we also have alot of missle phsylos(sp)? and development plant for WMD. Alot of scary stuff outside of town.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
MMike said:
I found it!

Not to say I am an expert on the military mind, there is going to be a gallows humor which us peaceful folk is going to find disturbing...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
MMike said:
I guess I should point out that I work in the commercial division of Bell. Military is Ft. Worth. Mirabel is commercial......

I'm working on this
Like that's any better. Think of all the poor child laborers toiling away in a filthy factory so the CEO can fly around in that.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
dan-o said:
Like that's any better. Think of all the poor child laborers toiling away in a filthy factory so the CEO can fly around in that.
I'm pretty sure you're thinking of your sweater... I doubt children make helicopters.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought this tread was going to be about older style Snap-On calendars, sheesh.

I got in trouble once for having a picture of Laura Croft as my desktop wallpaper because a Muslim women who worked there felt "uncomfortable" with her showing leg skin. (not a joke, wish it were)

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
MMike said:

You spend way to much time hangin with your mom talkin about "feelings", grow a pair