Quantcast

Tattoo thread

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
i know there have been a bunch, but i want to see them again! we should get a running account of all the bike related ink! sorta like the burly hardtails! ;)

Attachments

8it

Chimp
Apr 6, 2003
NYC
Mine aren't either. . . although I have plenty of bike related scars(oh well that's a different thread altogether).

when every frat boy and every soriority girl on the planet started to get tattoos and piercings, i took out my piercings and have almost completed getting all my tattoos removed.

stupid trendy kids took the underground element out of the concept and convinced soccer moms that the idea is now the "in" thing....

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I was never cool enough to have a tatoo, now I'm suddenly cool for never having one... I spit in the face of abercrombie and filth, I don't watch MTV or their useless reality shows. Yeah, I'm hardcore rebelling against the Man, no tatoos on my body.

tartosuc

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
montreal
WestCoastHucker said:
when every frat boy and every soriority girl on the planet started to get tattoos and piercings, i took out my piercings and have almost completed getting all my tattoos removed.

stupid trendy kids took the underground element out of the concept and convinced soccer moms that the idea is now the "in" thing....
i agree with you on that, but my tatoo were done a long time ago, before it has become a trend..they still represent what i am, i will never get them removed

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
WestCoastHucker said:

yes the made having a tattoo on your lower back or an armband a trend...but a half sleave, full sleave, back peice and nipple rings ain't exactly trendy and thats what i'm sportin and will till the day i die. They are for me and very personal to me. Those A&F freaks can lick my nuts

tartosuc said:
when you commit to have a tatoo, it's for life! that's why you have to choose it carefully !
i chose very carefully. i was once very passionate about them. then when i saw them EVERYWHERE on EVERYONE they (tattoos in general) became a very lame trend (in my eyes) and i didn't want to be associated with it anymore. i've had a full sleeve and a 3/4 sleeve removed, and am working on my backpiece. when they become less painful to be removed i will then also have my head tattoos also removed

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
No tattoos for me, a few ear piercings (no longer used) Thought about getting a tattoo when I was 20, that was 18 years ago when they weren't the trend. I'm glad I never did it.

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Kornphlake said:
I was never cool enough to have a tatoo, now I'm suddenly cool for never having one... I spit in the face of abercrombie and filth, I don't watch MTV or their useless reality shows. Yeah, I'm hardcore rebelling against the Man, no tatoos on my body.
people who say stuff like this are idiots. this is just as bad as wearing/doing the aforementioned things just caues everyone else does you still are letting everyone else think for you. do something cause you like it not cause other people do or dont. honestly guys

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Acadian said:
tatts: Yes
piercing: yes
do I consider myself cooler because of that: No
Yeah, what he said (except the piercings).

I got my ink because it meant something to me and they'll be with me till the day I die.

I didn't get them to be cool, or to be like anyone else, I got them because they symbolize a particularly important time and/or passion in my life... and I'll continue to get them for that same reason.

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
mental said:
Yeah, what he said (except the piercings).

I got my ink because it meant something to me and they'll be with me till the day I die.

I didn't get them to be cool, or to be like anyone else, I got them because they symbolize a particularly important time and/or passion in my life... and I'll continue to get them for that same reason.
here here! well said mental. i get so P.O'd when i see someone with a blatantly generic tattoo. it (almost always) means nothing to them and "just looks cool". i dont feel like i'm better than any of those people or anything, i just think that the whole idea and purpose of a tattoo is lost when you get some generic pattern or picture that 100 other people have.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
erastusboy said:
people who say stuff like this are idiots. this is just as bad as wearing/doing the aforementioned things just caues everyone else does you still are letting everyone else think for you. do something cause you like it not cause other people do or dont. honestly guys
Maybe I needed a smiley for you to catch the sarcasm. I don't think I'm cool period. I just happen to not have any tatoos or piercings and I don't buy into the trendy fashion stuff, not because that makes me cool, but because I don't like it. I've got a 2 year old daughter that thinks I'm cool, for the next 11 years I'll be cool to her no matter what, at about 13 no matter what I do I won't be cool in her eyes so why try.

I got the cheapest cell phone I could find, it's not a flip phone and there's not a built in camera. I drive a saturn, live in a mobile home, I wear plaid shirts to work, I don't surf or snowboard, I go to church on sunday, really about the only thing cool about me is that I ride a Yeti, and even that isn't really anything to dazzle anybody around here. I'm happy, in fact I'm quite happy so why should I go out of my way to do or not do anything different?

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I got bit by the tatoo bug 2 years ago, i still just have the one on my shoulder (no pics in this puter) but ive bee kicking around a few ideas since then, and still an undecided. these 2 are the longest lived.

i was thinking about this (ive got MANY variations) for my right choulder or the base of my neck (back), below my collar.

or this as leg band or some sorta band, still not sure. id like to keep them so normal clothing keeps them covered. (many variations, from more celtic, to more simplified) ! :)

both are the oldest versiont, the other iterations are either on paper on on my old virus infested pc.

as for the trentyness blah blah. i agree, people who get tats on their arms, and wear sleevless shirts every chance they get, and away "rube thir tats in your face" is kinda lame. likewise chicks with tats that were obviosly placed and designed so you can see all of it given a shirt that shows any skin, also a bit too "look at me". But i think there is a fine line between trend and plain acceptance.

Attachments

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
HippieKai said:
yes the made having a tattoo on your lower back or an armband a trend...but a half sleave, full sleave, back peice and nipple rings ain't exactly trendy and thats what i'm sportin and will till the day i die. They are for me and very personal to me. Those A&F freaks can lick my nuts
Absolutely!! Seeing that everyone on the street has tats now, you have to go out and get bigger and better ones to stand out. I'm proud to have my half sleave and the other half sleave will start happening within the next 6 months.