Quantcast

tea bagging

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Did they file environmental impact statements first? Nice to see people throwing plastic bags full of **** in the water.

I gave up doing what radio talking heads tell me to do after Disco Demolition.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Now that I realize this isn't about a Saturday Night for TheMontashu's mouth, the Republican Party picks the worst metaphor for their populist movement.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It wasn't the Republican party. It started as a ground swell movement on the internet. It is most closely affiliated with the Libertarian Party and a large number of disgruntled, middle-aged, upper-middle class investors who lost their retirement savings.

the Republicans jumped on once it became clear that this was going to be a large movement.

This is the beginning of a possible uprising within the general populace against the current status quo of govt spending, de-regulation initiated by wall street for wal street, and the revolving door between govt and wall street.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
and a large number of disgruntled, middle-aged, upper-middle class investors who lost their retirement savings.
I work with this crowd, the first thing a financial adviser told me was don't have your money in high risk stocks if you are at retirement age.

No it wasn't any ones fault except Obama.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
I work with this crowd, the first thing a financial adviser told me was don't have your money in high risk stocks if you are at retirement age.

No it wasn't any ones fault except Obama.
It's common sense, but people are greedy...
As for who is at fault, it's the actual investors for not making good decisions; the IA for giving bad advice; the SEC for not enforcing the laws; etc, etc.
Everyone one is at fault, but the end investor, making decisions about THEIR, let me say that again, THEIR money, is the final decision maker.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
It wasn't the Republican party. It started as a ground swell movement on the internet. It is most closely affiliated with the Libertarian Party and a large number of disgruntled, middle-aged, upper-middle class investors who lost their retirement savings.

the Republicans jumped on once it became clear that this was going to be a large movement.

This is the beginning of a possible uprising within the general populace against the current status quo of govt spending, de-regulation initiated by wall street for wal street, and the revolving door between govt and wall street.
I like that there's no "uprising" when the gov't blows billions on relatively useless stealth jets.

Why is it that the conservative right only gets bent when large chunks of cash that are STILL smaller than the many-times overinflated defense budget are spent on domestic programs/issues?

The boomer generation deserves losing its retirement for allowing this country to be run into the ground by a successive crew of morons, and for their unquenchable thirst for bigger and shinier whatchmacallits manufactured by exploited peoples on a global scale. Fvck 'em...let them burn. This country can only be rebuilt from the ground up, and a bunch of whiny, fat, and old white collar douchebags are most definitely NOT part of that equation.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so n8 is a teabagger and enjoys a good teabagging?

i bet he prefers it shaved.

and anal bleaching.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Why is it that the conservative right only gets bent when large chunks of cash that are STILL smaller than the many-times overinflated defense budget are spent on domestic programs/issues?
If it's used to kill brown people, it doesn't count as spending.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Aren't the tax rates in place right now the same ones that have been in effect for years?
And aren't most of them in the bracket that is getting a tax CUT in the future?

What are these scientists protesting again?
You got to think of this as not a Republican protest or even an anti-Obama protest.

My boss, a Michelle Malkin type of guy, told me he is going a Tea Party, although I told him he shouldn't go to the San Fran event in front of Pelosi's office. I think of him as not some knee-jerk Fox schmuck, but someone who does not believe in the bailout.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
You got to think of this as not a Republican protest or even an anti-Obama protest.

My boss, a Michelle Malkin type of guy, told me he is going a Tea Party, although I told him he shouldn't go to the San Fran event in front of Pelosi's office. I think of him as not some knee-jerk Fox schmuck, but someone who does not believe in the bailout.
I thought Michelle Malkin was a rabid Republican, anti-Obama, knee-jerk Fox News schmuck?

I still want to know where all of these protesters were for the past 8 YEARS when GWB doubled the deficit and basically ran our economy into the ground?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I still want to know where all of these protesters were for the past 8 YEARS when GWB doubled the deficit and basically ran our economy into the ground?
The deficit more than doubled, since it was technically a surplus when Clinton left office.

The gross debt approximately doubled...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, my final read on this is that this was an Libertarian/radical movement for several years which Fox News/Republicans have co-opted to become an anti-Obama movement.

Like he was the one who created the taxes and came up with the bailout.

But what I am hoping for here is seeing pasty whitey mother f****** exit from their SUV's and stand out in the street like open targets. I have eggs waiting for them...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!

That's a fukking lie. It started with the Republican based Heritages, or Foundations and is being promoted by Fox News.

Where was the uproar over the Bush bailouts and the 10 Billion being spent a month on an illegal occupation in Iraq?

I'm thinking of riding down this afternoon to check out the Phoenix Teabaggers and getting some video of what they have to say.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
So I was working in Boston today and decided to see what all the fuss was about after listening to talk radio hype an event to which they did not know the meaning.
Half the people there were people who were scared that Obama was going to steal their guns and raise their taxes and force whites into slavery.
About 25% were Libertarians who were desperately trying to explain to the afore mentioned group that the Republicans were just as much to blame for this mess. (they were not taking that very well)
About 15% were onlookers like myself waiting for funny stuff to happen.
And I'd say the remaining 10% were people promoting their blogs and websites and such. Or selling t-shirts.
There was a Fox Business Happy Hour Host there in a cheap suit yelling "don't tread on me" "live free or die". A CNN anchor, Mary something, was there and was being called a communist by the more 'enlightened' of the bunch who accused her of having her mind "poisoned by a liberal college professor."
The speakers they had were not having their voices heard well because of the crappy bullhorn they were using, but the old "U"S"A" chants would surface from time to time.
There were about 6-700 people there.

All in all it was a very entertaining lunch break and i got some pics. Enjoy.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Aren't these the same folks that accused protesters of being anti-american in 2003, and said protesting is a waste of time for the self-righteous with nothing better to do?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I watched some of the DC one on C-SPAN last night.....holy wince-a-thon, Batman! They were asking straight forward questions like, "Why are you here?".

The typical answer was, "Ummm, ahhh, that's a good one....Well, we're tired of being taxed! There's a revolution coming! Obama, respect the Constitution!"

Where is Obama not?

Gun sales are through the roof!

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Gun sales are through the roof!
I went into a outdoor store just over a week ago. I could have swore the gun department was shutting down. Every shelf of ammo was completely empty. Other than bow and arrow supplies and paintball supplies the place was completely sold out.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think what bothers me especially about all of this is when did the Republicans and Fox News decide to be organizers of these rallies, and what influence will the fringe protest movement have on their organizations?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I think what bothers me especially about all of this is when did the Republicans and Fox News decide to be organizers of these rallies, and what influence will the fringe protest movement have on their organizations?
When their Dear Leader directed them to be as divisive as possible and look for any opportunity to stifle Obama's progress, whether they agreed with it or not. Perhaps not surprisingly, unthinking stonewalling and churning up populist fervor is an attractive option to the intellectually lazy.