Quantcast

technical handling resources

chrish912

Chimp
Mar 2, 2004
richmond, VA
I'm trying to work on my trick riding skills and was wondering if anybody knew of any good resources for learning how to do stuff like coaster wheelies, nose wheelies, trackstands, and trials hopping? I seem to just bust my ass alot when i try these things on my own.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
best way: ride with someone who can do these things. there have been several threads here about bunnyhopping and manualling. the most recent manual how-to thread is hidden in the pac nw forum.

hooligan234

Chimp
Mar 29, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I can't do continuous nose wheelies or "endos" but I can do a few second stall. to do a stall, go forward at a slow speed at first, get ready to hurl urself forward a bit, then jam the front brakes, lift your weight off the pedals, and support yourself on the handlebars. If you're feet are still on the pedal,s you should feel them rise, as your rear wheel goes off the ground. But it you use the brake you can only stall. I have managed to get a smalll jump on the stall, though it was incredibly hard on my department store CCM REVENGE bike. a Good site is www.bmxtrix.com. Go to How-To and then do flatland. I think the tricks you're looking for are in it. Also, the tricks are for bmx, but many work for mountain bikes as well. Go check it out

Best of luck,
Mark

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Originally posted by hooligan234
I can't do continuous nose wheelies or "endos" but I can do a few second stall. to do a stall, go forward at a slow speed at first, get ready to hurl urself forward a bit, then jam the front brakes, lift your weight off the pedals, and support yourself on the handlebars. If you're feet are still on the pedal,s you should feel them rise, as your rear wheel goes off the ground. But it you use the brake you can only stall. I have managed to get a smalll jump on the stall, though it was incredibly hard on my department store CCM REVENGE bike. a Good site is www.bmxtrix.com. Go to How-To and then do flatland. I think the tricks you're looking for are in it. Also, the tricks are for bmx, but many work for mountain bikes as well. Go check it out

Best of luck,
Mark
Endos are when you go over the front of the bike not a nose wheelie. . . don't squeeze your front brake as hard as you can, slowly aply more pressure to get your bike into a noso wheelie.

Here is a picture of me doing one in my backyard