Looks Flexy. ;)

So is it one of those silly accidents that everytime you look at the pics you
get mad at yourself for doing it.

And if so should I post this pic again?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
It's actually just as stable as it was...I'm just fearing it cracking over time...I just don't want to risk anything.

It was an obscure attempt at humour. Nevermind me I may as well be doing my work today, I can't think straight.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
dh girlie said:
Weekend before last.
Ah, right, the race. They closed the chairs this Sunday due to weather. It sucked.

What bent, the gooseneck that connects the rack to the hitch?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
Why yeeeessss....yes I do just happen to have a picture or two of my beautiful bike...can't believe you haven't seen any with as many as I posted, but I am MORE than happy to share once again! :love:

Close up of the paint job to showcase the sparkles...
That is beee U Teee ful! I bet the pix don't do her justice either. I am in the process of painting my hard tail right now. Glitter pink. Your bike makes me want flames now. Between your bike, and Velocity girls helmet, my stuff looks extremely plain. :)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
MikeD said:
Ah, right, the race. They closed the chairs this Sunday due to weather. It sucked.

What bent, the gooseneck that connects the rack to the hitch?
Yeah after we got all ready to ride, dh gear on, bikes ready to roll, we found out lifts are closed on Fridays! :angry: so I didn't get to ride at all.

What's bent is that thing that has the knob thingy attached to it...it supports the trays and the ratchet thingys...it hooks onto that gooseneck thingy...there's lots of thingys on that rack.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
I backed mine into a hillside, bent one of the trays (it was folded down at the time). Eventually the weld cracked, and the tray fell off, and for $20 I had it welded back on.

Then a couple years later the other tray cracked and fell off, another $20 to put it back on, and then about a week ago, it was another $20 to weld the post that holds the "cane" onto the tray back on.

Anyway, fear not, if it breaks, weld it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Ciaran said:
That is beee U Teee ful! I bet the pix don't do her justice either. I am in the process of painting my hard tail right now. Glitter pink. Your bike makes me want flames now. Between your bike, and Velocity girls helmet, my stuff looks extremely plain. :)
You're right, they don't...when I pulled it out of the box I was blown away...it's absolutely bref takingly beautiful!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
helpful hint:

if the picture isn't sized properly, don't quote it and make the next page all F'd up too (i hate the bottom scroll bar).

J

JRB

narlus said:
helpful hint:

if the picture isn't sized properly, don't quote it and make the next page all F'd up too (i hate the bottom scroll bar).

How bought if we just post another one??? Little pics that no one can see suck.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
helpful hint:

I didn't. Did I?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
DVNT was the culprit.

but the real guilty party is DHG, for not resizing it properly in the 1st place. maybe she does CAD and has a 30" monitor. ;)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Snacks said:
I did that once too...not into a pole but a trailer. Call them up and they'll send you the replacement parts.
I backed My saris rack (very similar fork mount rack) into a steel pole at my apt complex and it bent in a similar way... Got about 70lbs of bike (2 burly trailbikes) about 300 miles without any problems, and your SW is much more hgefty than my Saris. I bet it would make it, but of course, getting a new part to fix the problem or at least lessen it would be better.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
narlus said:
DVNT was the culprit.

but the real guilty party is DHG, for not resizing it properly in the 1st place. maybe she does CAD and has a 30" monitor. ;)

Actually I do, and... I do... well it's 27"..

Couldn't tell it was too big of a pic for your little gurley monitor to handle. :blah:

J

JRB

narlus said:
DVNT was the culprit.

I'm responsible too. But since we are criticizing one another, there are no capital letters in dh girlie. :eviltongu

J

JRB

narlus said:
using DHG versus dhg doesn't really affect the format of the thread, does it?

unless i choose the wrong size font.

Funny - I like it. Here is a less spectacular paint job by Spectrum

edited pic out - you're right narlus, it is irritating.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
I'm tryyyyyin, I'm trrryyyyyin....no...I do not have nor know what CAD is and I work for a city, so no 30' monitor.

I think you would have to work in Hollywood to have a 30' monitor.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
douglas said:
what!? I have a 98 Grand Cherokee and its super easy to park

The '98s are smaller and more square body than the 2001. The Cherokee got bigger with a round profile and high windows which makes it harder to see out. Still, it was a pretty bone-headed move by Dhg.

J

JRB

Joe Pozer said:
The '98s are smaller and more square body than the 2001. The Cherokee got bigger with a more round profile and high windows which makes it harder to see out. Still, it was a pretty bone-headed move by Dhg.

Good move bro. You'll be glad you jumped in with the ass kissing later. :think:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Joe Pozer said:
The '98s are smaller and more square body than the 2001. The Cherokee got bigger with a round profile and high windows which makes it harder to see out. Still, it was a pretty bone-headed move by Dhg.

181.6 x 72.6 vs 177.1 vs 70.7

oh, wow - what a huge difference :rolleyes:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
douglas said:
181.6 x 72.6 vs 177.1 vs 70.7

oh, wow - what a huge difference :rolleyes:

Did you read the part where I said that the body had a much more round profile with high windows? Yes, those few inches make a big difference as does the profile of the car.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Brian HCM#1 said:
I heard your cast was off for some time.

The broken hand did make her miss most of the season along with the jacked up back.

You should be the LAST person making jokes about NOT being able to ride. :evil:

J

JRB

Joe Pozer said:
The broken hand did make her miss most of the season along with the jacked up back.

This dude is unstoppable with the ass kissing today. Good job joe! :thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Joe Pozer said:

I rode last weekend, what happened to her back? Thats a new one.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
dh girlie said:
HAHAHA! Well...what can I say...I am the first to say that I am the worst parker, especially parallel, and the worst backer upper...to my defense in this one, my car is really hard to see out of the back of...I've had a couple of male drivers say the same exact thing...your car has the WORST blind spots...

Too much "Junk in the Trunk"?