Quantcast

Tell me how im doin

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
um yea im still kinda new 2 bmx cuz ive only been ridin 4 a few monthes like 4, i can grind, almost 180 i can only 90, manuel 4 a few seconds, curb endo an roll back, an jump about 1 foot high. can u tell me how im doin so far since i jus started not 2 long ago. an also can u tell me how i can jump higher or like wat 2 practice on?? ty:rolleyes:

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Just ride a bunch. The only way to get better, especially on a 20" is to ride as much as possible. These days, it's all I ride...aside from my fixie.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
If you're concerened with how good you are, you're probably not good enough. When I go to this one park to ride, this kid always comes up to me and says, "Hey I'm getting better!" I always tell him that's good. Then he asks, "So you getting any better?" I just answer, I'm here to ride so get outta my way.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
um..ok pple ty im still tryin 2 get that 180 down
Ok, here are some tips that might help.

What foot do you ride back with?

So if you ride left foot back, use your left foot as the "push" foot, meaning you will spin counter clockwise.

If you ride right foot back spin clockwise

Instead of trying to bunny hop, and twist in one motion, try to lift the front wheel off the ground, the twist your body the direction you want to turn the try to pull the rear wheel off the ground, and complete the 180.

Once you land backwards, immediately pedal in reverse, you should actually focus on this until it becomes natural. turn your front wheel, and turn the bike around until you are riding forwards again.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Trying it off little ledges to grassy downward slope will help you cheat at first. Just keep at them. If youre spinning right, make sure youre looking over your right shoulder like your trying to look at your own back and that will help you pull it around.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
ty very much pple ya 2day i did 1 off a curb but i didnt land it =\ i kept tryin again an again but i could even get the 180 down just 90's again...i hope i can get it down

Garrett 0 P

Monkey
Sep 10, 2006
sammamish
If you're concerened with how good you are, you're probably not good enough. When I go to this one park to ride, this kid always comes up to me and says, "Hey I'm getting better!" I always tell him that's good. Then he asks, "So you getting any better?" I just answer, I'm here to ride so get outta my way.
good quote -- i signatured it

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
This is for all of you people who were talking about my spelling. First of all I was using my psp to type, because my computer was not working, so I had shorten my words. Second this is a forum on bikes! not on how to spell or shorten your words. So if you dont like how I was spelling things then dont even post on my dam thread because you are just wasting my time.