Quantcast

Tell me what kind of abuse your bike has taken

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
My bike is too strong to get hurt. :rolleyes:

:nopity:

You dont want to know how much I abused my 04' haro extreme x1! Lots of drops to flat, 10 foot drops, dh races, xc races, 4x race, etc. I bottomed out the pos rear shock atleast 5 times every ride. I broke many parts, I bent the mz comp fork, bent some rotors, demolished atleast 2 derailluers, snapped a hayes mag body. Out of true wheels, worn down tires, bent cranks, riding with almost bald teeth on my cassetes and rings.
The list goes on and on...

Minimal maintance, stupid maintance, etc. I.E. Trying to clean rotors with substances other than water. :rolleyes:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
But, thankfully I have learned alot from that bike and am happy to say that my bighit is in great shape! I dont do drops to flat anymore, either! :oink:

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Rigid bike - think 1988 geometry: 22.5" seat tube, 22.5" top tube, 73* HA, 150mm stem, flat bars - 5' drop to flat concrete (loading dock drop). Broke the frame near the head tube weld. (warrantied)

Same bike 18 years later - just riding it is abuse enough. I now hit consistent 3'-4' drops with no problems. I just ride smoother.