Quantcast

Tell us something about yourself most people would find unlikely for you...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TheInedibleHulk said:
Back on topic...

I cook, and listen to folk and bluegrass. Im also a damn good woodworker.
and you're good at playing online games.

Post pics of your woodworking.

J

JRB

jdcamb - DO NOT post pics of your wood working. :nope:

*sorry for the bad pr0n reference, but I thought it was funny

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
hmmmm........lets see........I'm a big fan of progressive rock......bands like Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Genesis, Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Fish (former Marillion front man) etc. etc.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
hmmmm........lets see........I'm a big fan of progressive rock......bands like Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Genesis, Marillion, Porcupine Tree, Fish (former Marillion front man) etc. etc.
robert pollard (guided by voices) is a big fan of gabriel-era genesis. can you hear it any of the songs i gave you?

you listen to king crimson and van de graaf generator too?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
robert pollard (guided by voices) is a big fan of gabriel-era genesis. can you hear it any of the songs i gave you?

you listen to king crimson and van de graaf generator too?
Yes I can hear some Gabriel Era Genesis in some of those songs!

Now I want to go listen to Supper's Ready!
:cool:

Oh yeah and I'm also a big fan of celtic music and celtic rock in particular.

This band is one of my favorites to this day - Horslips: http://www.horslips.com/

Their album: The Book of Invasions: A Celtic Symphony blew me a way when I was a young teenager

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
stosh said:
and you're good at playing online games.

Post pics of your woodworking.
link

Made out of a piece of crap framing lumber in two days, mostly with a plane and variety of knives, rough cut with a jig saw and finished with a palm sander. And of yeah, it fires with electronic model rocket ignitors.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
MMcG said:
Are you an old Genesis fan Narlus?
not much, but after fellow GBV fans kept talking about them, i checked out stuff like _nursery cryme_ and _foxtrot_ and it's not bad! i was always wigged out by the phil collins factor, and what they turned into.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
not much, but after fellow GBV fans kept talking about them, i checked out stuff like _nursery cryme_ and _foxtrot_ and it's not bad! i was always wigged out by the phil collins factor, and what they turned into.
What about Horslips? Ever hear any while you were in Ireland?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
heard of the name, but never any of the music. didn't hear that much music over in ireland, aside the bands i went to (probably 6 or 8 shows, and mostly bands i'd either seen before, or knew well going in). listened to cds in the car all the time instead of radio.

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
HippieKai said:
i have never smoked weed.
i have never either, and i look like a stereotypical stoner.. right down to the confused demeanor and blurry/blood shot eyes (when i'm tired my eyes are barely open and they look reddish).

i'm a theatre geek (lighting design)... which isn't surprising once you meet me..

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
heard of the name, but never any of the music. didn't hear that much music over in ireland, aside the bands i went to (probably 6 or 8 shows, and mostly bands i'd either seen before, or knew well going in). listened to cds in the car all the time instead of radio.
Hey Narlus, check your PM's... The GF and I are heading to Ireland in October... any suggestions on the local music scene in Dublin/surrounding areas?

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I can knit, I make my own studded leather belts, and I volunteer for a greyhound rescue group.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
Lightninleana said:
I am a complete city girl. I hate camping or roughing it, and I like being clean. I didn't think I minded camping until I came out to Colorado and had to set up camp in freaking cold weather. It took me seriously like 30 minutes to relize I couldn't put the tent up and had to have some guys do it for me, and they did it in about 2 mintues.
and u like mountain biking???

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Spitfired said:
I love tight pants, tight shirts, and I use conditioner in my hair. I love going to dance clubs and dancing to rock music.
I really hope you are a girl. I didn't know they played rock music in dance clubs.. I thought it was all boomchikkaboomchikkaboomchikkaboom.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Sven tha Viking said:
didn't you admit to wearing chick pants?
Yeah, but not on a regular basis.
Edit: And they were baggy man style looking chick pants. Not all tight and camel toe showing. (I think that was Loco and his Wranglers :D )

I swear, that's gonna follow me forever.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
Ciaran said:
I really hope you are a girl. I didn't know they played rock music in dance clubs.. I thought it was all boomchikkaboomchikkaboomchikkaboom.
No, I'm not a girl.
I'm not a total dude guy man either.

Check out the Dance Cave in Toronto. Its all awsome rock music.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Spitfired said:
No, I'm not a girl.
I'm not a total dude guy man either.

Check out the Dance Cave in Toronto. Its all awsome rock music.
Sadly I don't live anywhere near Toronto. Though here in L.A. we do have a few good rock clubs. I have never been much for dancing though.

"I'm not a total dude guy man either." - Spitfired es no macho? I hope they don't give you as much crap as they gave me about my chick pants incident.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
"I'm not a total dude guy man either." - Spitfired es no macho? I hope they don't give you as much crap as they gave me about my chick pants incident.
I think you're off the hook now. :think: