Quantcast

Tested: Ten Months On SRAM XX1

Grindaway

Chimp
Nov 29, 2013
Calgary
I find long term updates like this really useful. Most components these days are really good out of the box, but I can't help but be a bit suspicious of expensive new stuff, especially when it involves proprietary bits. Are first users the guinea pigs ? Sounds like SRAM got it pretty much right on the XX1 technology.

Seb, I really enjoy your writing. How about a long term update follow up to your May blog on riding a hardtail. Love it, ready to move back to a fully, or both ?

Cheers

Dec 9, 2013
Thanks for the review. I've noticed this past XC race season that most of the expert racers have now converted over to using the XX1. I'm still using a Shimano 2x10 XTR set up because I like the ablitity to switch from a high gear to a much lower gear very quickly when transitioning fast momentum up climbs, especially on switch backs. Do you find that you switch gears more with the XX1 vs a 2x10 set up? And if you do, is there any issues shifting through multiple gears quickly, especially when you don't know the trail? Thanks, been considering this set up for awhile but as you mentioned, it's an expensive investment and you also have to convert your rear wheel hub, correct?