Quantcast

Thanksgiving in Phoenix

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Did a little pedaling Thanksgiving morning in downtown Phoenix and took the camera with me. I'm no photographer, but here's how great Phoenix is in the "wintertime".

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Post apocalyptic, wheres all the people?!

This Chase stuff is going to take some getting use to.

Where are those new town houses at in the pic with camelback in the background? They seem nice. Downtown Phoenix has potential if there was more to do at night and ran out the bums and bangers. Right now there seems to be just sports, and does anyone even still go to the Arizona Center?

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
ASU is building a campus downtown, and housing thousands of students down her next year. There is a new convention center, and light rail will be done next year.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Where are those new town houses at in the pic with camelback in the background? They seem nice.
They are across the street from the ballpark. I used to live in the condos directly behind them. The ones with the green roof. I loved living downtown, unless there was a ballgame going on and then it was almost impossible to get home. I really miss Pizzeria Bianco. It was about 100 yards from my front door.

Great pics, Stinky!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I really miss Pizzeria Bianco. It was about 100 yards from my front door.
:drool:

does anyone even still go to the Arizona Center?
UNO once in awhile, but it's mostly tourists. We roll through and see how many loops we can do before security goes nuts and tries to hit us with their golf carts. "Shuttle" up the escalator and roll down the winding stairs and back around. The record is 3 loops. :biggrin:

I figured Thanksgiving morning everything would be dead, so it was a nice, peaceful ride without incident.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love the buildings in pic #8, 9 and 10. At some point in time all the good architects in this world died.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Mmmmm,..... Pizzaria Bianco. Marco used to buy his bikes from our shop and hook us up on food every now and then. Good stuff.

And that plaza above the freeway is where I learned a lot of my trialsy moves. Fun stuff.

btw, it's 25 degrees here in VA this morning. I'd still be riding if it weren't for work.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I love the buildings in pic #8, 9 and 10. At some point in time all the good architects in this world died.
That building in #9 is the Orpheum Theatre and the inside is really beautiful. A buddy and I were street riding downtown on Easter Sunday a few years ago and somebody gave us tickets to the Arizona Ballet who were doing "Alice in Wonderland" set to the music of Beethoven and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm not a big a big ballet fan, but it was a really cool show.