Quantcast

That's goin to leave a mark

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
That's just what I said before I hit the pavement at 35mph Saturday. Got my front wheel taken out in a crit. Lots of nice road rash, ugly hemotoma on my hip and a grade 2 tear in my shoulder

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Oh man, sorry to hear that. I have a love/hate relationship with crits. Good luck healing up and get back in there!

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Oh man, sorry to hear that. I have a love/hate relationship with crits. Good luck healing up and get back in there!

Me to. Hated them in the lower cats but I love them now. The speed and smoothness of a P/1/2 crit makes them much more fun to me. This wreck was just hard nosed racing. I went to shoot a gap and someone else had the same idea and neither one of us backed off. Besides, sleeping with Saran Wrap around your leg is awesome!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Me to. Hated them in the lower cats but I love them now. The speed and smoothness of a P/1/2 crit makes them much more fun to me. This wreck was just hard nosed racing. I went to shoot a gap and someone else had the same idea and neither one of us backed off. Besides, sleeping with Saran Wrap around your leg is awesome!
Yep, that's racin! Crits definitely aren't for the timid. You have to be bold and a bit crazy!:headbang:

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Yep, that's racin! Crits definitely aren't for the timid. You have to be bold and a bit crazy!:headbang:
One of the first things I noticed racing against pro's is don't think, do. If a gap opens you better shoot it. If you think about it it's to late. I do well in crits only because I have big balls. I think being a ex downhiller helps

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Heal up! The worst part about road rash is that it makes it hard to train

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
That's just what I said before I hit the pavement at 35mph Saturday. Got my front wheel taken out in a crit. Lots of nice road rash, ugly hemotoma on my hip and a grade 2 tear in my shoulder
Aiiieeee....ow. You fared much better than I did back in September...took a 90* left @ ~25-30mph, front flat to broken clavicle and scapula.

Heal up, shoulders are no joke...

JasonJ

Chimp
Apr 10, 2010
One of the first things I noticed racing against pro's is don't think, do. If a gap opens you better shoot it. If you think about it it's to late. I do well in crits only because I have big balls. I think being a ex downhiller helps
sounds like something from "The Last Samurai" where you move too fast that you can only comprehend your movements after doing them.

But seriously, get well soon TJ! I for one surely don't have half the balls you do!