Quantcast

The 2012 YEE-HA! will take place on the weekend of April 27th - 29th, 2012.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
GW, I'm looking forward to kicking off the 2012 season with the Yee-Ha.

Q: Will this be a USA Cycling qualifier?

J

MCCOYBOY

Chimp
Aug 14, 2011
I'm also planning on attending this race. I've heard from a local guy that the course requires a good amount of pedaling and running a full downhill bike is not recommended? What's your guys opinion? I have a 2012 Giant Glory, a 2007 GF KingFisher1, and a 2011 Giant Trance X so which one should I run?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I miss the Mass. Always a fun race, normally in a deluge with enough mud to build a brick house.

ldw222

Monkey
Jun 16, 2009
Rochester, NY
I'm also planning on attending this race. I've heard from a local guy that the course requires a good amount of pedaling and running a full downhill bike is not recommended? What's your guys opinion? I have a 2012 Giant Glory, a 2007 GF KingFisher1, and a 2011 Giant Trance X so which one should I run?
i was thinking the same thing...i've raced it before and am going this year again. i used my sunday there last time but was thinking about using my mkiii maybe this year. just throw some heavier tires on it and give it a try. there are a couple spots where a dh bike would be best but for the most part i think a little bike would be better. maybe bring both and give them a shot?

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Do whatever moves your pants, but I for one think the course has become significantly rougher over the years (metal horns) and the advantages of riding a full-on DH bike have increased. To my thinking, the only real "advantage" a trail/AM bike would have is the dirt road section, and even that would be somewhat mitigated if you're running traditional DH rubber. I'm sure I could bounce my Spitfire through that first rock garden, but it'd be a pinball affair, even moreso than it already is for me. And the highspeed straights in the woods are full of bomb holes now, and my dentures and 'roids prefer the smooth ride of a DH bike. Plus, you've got a lift - bring your DH bike when you have lift access.