Quantcast

The Bakery: I've Found Religion

BikeMag

Chimp
Mar 23, 2012
Mountain biking may not be a recognized religion, it has never predicted the end of the world, or as far as I know, been endorsed by Tom Cruise and if there was a single unified mountain bike god, I am fairly certain he wouldn't kill kittens when you touch yoursel

The Bakery: I've Found Religion

pedalhound

Chimp
Mar 28, 2011
Victoria
Love your writing Danielle, thank you! This is how I feel as well. I grew up in church and when I started mountain biking it felt like more of a connection to everything than I ever felt in church.

motosantiago

Chimp
Feb 14, 2013
I'm pretty sure Jesus would've been a mountain biker, seeing how he had a fondness for solitude and mountains.

The only thing I would add to your story is a brief petition that religion and a love for the trails are not inherently antithetical. I'm a pastor at our local church on Sunday mornings, but every Sunday afternoon I hit the trails on my Nomad. For me, the spirituality enriches the solitude, and the solitude enriches the spirituality.

P.s. If you come to our church, you can feel free to stand on the chairs. People didn't even sit down during church for the first couple hundred years, so I doubt Jesus would mind...

Keep up the great writing!