Quantcast

The beastie boys will never be the same

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
He really did make everything from the 1st grade to this year better. The Beastie Boys really were a huge part of my rearing. Not ****ing fair.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz

My favorite Beastie Boys song, and my favorite remix. For some reason this song really helped me get through my divorce and all of that mess. Puts a little swagger in my strut.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Why not a Kardashian, a Bieber or that weird tanning parolur lady? RIP MCA, thanks for making being a white kid cool for a little bit...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Wow....I actually grew up listening to the old punk Beastie Boys tracks, especially those off the NY Thrash comp....

By the time I hit college, every Queens kid was singing "No Sleep to Brooklyn" so I got out of them, but dang they grew back on me. RIP, Ad.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Wow... that is horrible.

And Dirk, 1st grade? You must be a young'n. It was more like 7th grade on for me when "Ill" came out.
(Or I'm an old fart... which ever the case may be).

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I was 17 when Ill came out.
That album was the soundtrack to some world class hooliganism.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Don't worry, You won't be the last I'm sure. We have at least 24 hours till Mandown posts about it.
with the weekend comin, i'll wait until monday.

i have no skin in this game. i am not a fan, but i understand the fans are at a loss and it is always unfortunate to see a powerful creative force go. my condolences.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I remember Paul Revere was the first song where I ever got the true experience of what some THUMPIN bass could do. Used to turn that sheet up to 11 and watch the speakers bounce.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'm 34 now. I remember Ill coming out when I was at YMCA day camp. My folks hated them as they though the Boys were a "bad influence" and "used dirty words." Of course this meant as a young Dirtling I liked them instantly.

Some of the best memories in my life revolve around their music. I remember some strumpet in high school telling everyone we had banged enough in the back of my suburban that she knew all the lyrics to Paul's Boutique and she could read my Beastie Boys sticker upside down and backwards.

Or the first thing I heard when I woke up after getting shot somewhere in Iraq was "Gratitude." Even though I was breathing blood bubbles I knew, somehow, that I was going to be OK.

Or when things got really bleak in my life during my divorce I came across that remix of Hey Ladies. Somehow, it got me off my ass, back in the gym, and back meeting the ladies.

Or when I was just a wee grom in Reno I saw them play with Run DMC.

I really will miss him. And I really am going to square things with Jehova when I get a chance. Take Dick Cheney or the entire cast of The Jersey Shore, but for your own good lord, you should have left the Beastie Boys alone.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
A glimpse into my youth....

huge getto blaster on my shoulder, T&C surf shorts, high top Adidas, killer loop shades, kicking a roll on a original powell peralta rat bones board with oj's, heading to the park for a skate sesh while skipping school.

nothing but the licence to ill cassette for months

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
A glimpse into my youth....

huge getto blaster on my shoulder, T&C surf shorts, high top Adidas, killer loop shades, kicking a roll on a original powell peralta rat bones board with oj's, heading to the park for a skate sesh while skipping school.

nothing but the licence to ill cassette for months
So they made a video game about you?

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
Sad news indeed. I'm only 21 but I have been listening to the Beastie Boys since day one. Every weekend down in the garage you can be sure to hear some Beastie through the walls as we work on cars etc. It almost seems surreal that MCA is really gone..

You can bet your a**es this weekend will be no different, their music will never die!!!

The Beastie BOYYYYYYYYYYS!
They are they comin home
They comin hommmmme, oh they comin hommmmmme
Doh they're they, they are they comin home
They comin hommmmme, oh they com in hommmmmme

1986 skating to LTI. Then Paul's Boutique came out and I knew it was special. God speed good man!

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
My first concert was Lollapalooza in 94 and I remember the Beastie Boys doing an awesome show. It was my first mosh pit too.

I'll be cranking some Sabotage on the way home tonight.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm not gonna lie, I hate the Beastie Boys, but it does suck to hear that a pioneer of the music industry has died.