Quantcast

the budget surplus

Thepagoda

Chimp
Aug 31, 2002
Davis, CA
So I remember watching some political debates, and one of the things that seemed to be a big deal was what to do with the $3 trillion US budget surplus. I also remeber that Bush promised a tax cut with the extra funds ( a great way to keep your tax dollars paying for the interest on the national debt), but as of yet the tax cut has only been seen on TV, kinda like fastlane or Dragnet. So what happened to the extra $3 triliion that was saved in the Clinton era (that blow job getting bastard!)? Well we built some more bombs, then we dropped them. We cut education spending, but made that up with increased prison spending. I guess that balances out. We sold the Afghanis some oil equipment from Cheney's company (I thought conflict of nterest was a legal issue for political office). We staged troops in the persian gulf area for two months at $9 billion US per month and we spent some extra money in aid to columbia to name a few of the funds sinks. Well back at home medicare still sucks, social security is in shambles, our national debt is growing as are the interst payments, our education is among the worst in industrialized nations and our prison problem is worse than ever, but we are still the strongest nation militarily in the wolrd. In fact our defense spending ( at roughly $330 billion US per year) is greater than that of the next closest ten nations combined (Newsweek March 10, 2003). So what happened to that promise that seemed to be so important? You ARE paying for your vote...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by Thepagoda
So I remember watching some political debates, and one of the things that seemed to be a big deal was what to do with the $3 trillion US budget surplus. I also remeber that Bush promised a tax cut with the extra funds ( a great way to keep your tax dollars paying for the interest on the national debt), but as of yet the tax cut has only been seen on TV, kinda like fastlane or Dragnet. So what happened to the extra $3 triliion that was saved in the Clinton era (that blow job getting bastard!)? Well we built some more bombs, then we dropped them. We cut education spending, but made that up with increased prison spending. I guess that balances out. We sold the Afghanis some oil equipment from Cheney's company (I thought conflict of nterest was a legal issue for political office). We staged troops in the persian gulf area for two months at $9 billion US per month and we spent some extra money in aid to columbia to name a few of the funds sinks. Well back at home medicare still sucks, social security is in shambles, our national debt is growing as are the interst payments, our education is among the worst in industrialized nations and our prison problem is worse than ever, but we are still the strongest nation militarily in the wolrd. In fact our defense spending ( at roughly $330 billion US per year) is greater than that of the next closest ten nations combined (Newsweek March 10, 2003). So what happened to that promise that seemed to be so important? You ARE paying for your vote...
excellent paraphrase of your other post.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by manimal
excellent paraphrase of your other post.
Excellent avoiding of the point (again). Come on Manimal, if you don't agree say why, it's the political debate forum so get stuck in so I can tell you what an idiot you are;) :D

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Excellent avoiding of the point (again). Come on Manimal, if you don't agree say why, it's the political debate forum so get stuck in so I can tell you what an idiot you are;) :D

I think he had something good to say on the topic of torturing prisoners once..... but I love it when people come in here to say nothing more than, "You're wrong! And I won't say why!"

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Originally posted by patconnole
I think he had something good to say on the topic of torturing prisoners once..... but I love it when people come in here to say nothing more than, "You're wrong! And I won't say why!"
you're wrong and i won't say why.

:D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i only posted in this thread because it's almost exactly the same info as his previous post but slightly reworded. i'm not going to debate this topic because i don't feel that i have enough information to support any rebuttal, however, i was simply commenting on the similarities between these 2 threads.

and my comment on the other thread was not debating the validity of his statement, i was simply pointing out the "bush didn't really win the election" bs.

as you'll notice, i try to stick to the topics that i know something about. i'm not debating his point here, he's done his homework on the subject and i'm still stuck in detention.

oh yeah...i'm right and your wrong

;)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by manimal

as you'll notice, i try to stick to the topics that i know something about. i'm not debating his point here, he's done his homework on the subject and i'm still stuck in detention.

You'll get kicked out of the political debate forum with an attitude like that mister:D ;) :D