Quantcast

The Can Can Thread

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Sweet pix Cru.
You like your front brake on the right, like me? I had my bmx set up like yours when I had one brake on it.

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
I think Jimmy Levan did it in SOIL as well. Speaking of which - I do need to convert that vid from VHS to DVD for you - old-mid school Cali trails which I think you would love.
As did trail master Brian Stimmel in one of the ECD vids (2nd one I think...), which was the first time I saw something like that done. Man that was a long time ago. Good stuff.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I'm so close to getting these anyone got any advice?
Wich one? Regular cans couldn't be any easier. Just pick a leg, and pull it up over your top tube, kick it over. Seriously fycking cake.

No foot cannys are a lot harder at first, but just start by doing no footers, and, instead of kicking your feet out, just lift both of the up at the same time, til you see your top tube under both your feet. Once you can do that consistently, then you just gradually start working them over to one side.
It also helps to rotate both your wrists down while doing the no footers. This drops your top tube lower.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Wich one? Regular cans couldn't be any easier. Just pick a leg, and pull it up over your top tube, kick it over. Seriously fycking cake.

No foot cannys are a lot harder at first, but just start by doing no footers, and, instead of kicking your feet out, just lift both of the up at the same time, til you see your top tube under both your feet. Once you can do that consistently, then you just gradually start working them over to one side.
It also helps to rotate both your wrists down while doing the no footers. This drops your top tube lower.
Ya I've basically been trying to pull both feet up over the TT but could never get them over, so then I tried swinging them around the back and that just messed things up. Thanks for the advice, I'll try that for sure.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
That's lookin' sweet for having just learned them!
Is that the typical side to go to? Is there a typical side?
I figured if I ever get the balls to try, I'll put my feet over the side with my back foot.

Oct 23, 2008
Adelaide, Australia
yeah apparently the conventional side is the opposite way to me but meh feels more natural going that way. I personally think all the talk about the conventional way to do tricks is complete bull****, it's really how it feels best to you. Plus, most guys on pro level can do everything both ways so it can't really make much of a difference if you get me..

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I do cancans with my back foot going over the TT so it seemed natural to do no footed cans the same way. Perhaps I just haven't noticed but I assumed that was the way all people were (well, not all, but perhaps the norm).

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Bumpage. This one is dedicated to Don. Not quite as clicked as yours, but I had a few that felt close. Such a fun trick to do...

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Bumpage. This one is dedicated to Don. Not quite as clicked as yours, but I had a few that felt close. Such a fun trick to do...
haha, thanks. It should be dedicated to Moeller as he's the first one I saw doing them in the mags - I was just copying him. I really wish I could still get them. Maybe I'll have some time to ride and try doing them again this season - they are fun.

And you know they are so much tougher on a 26" than a 20" right? I don't know how the hell you are getting your leg over the TT with the bars clicked. Wicked rad.