Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I sold the M on BaT.

As for where? Putting on miles at the track. That's where. Most tracks are 2-4 miles long. A good track day should be 30+ laps. Assuming that car has had a track only life, it's only had 4-7 track days in 2+yrs. Fuck that noise.
I guess $1,415,000 doesn't seem out of the question. I just notice a lot of these cars were bought on BaT, often recently. So how many swaps is too many? Or is there such a thing? A car that pops up every 6 months for 30% more than sold for last time.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
View attachment 181664

I dunno, the engine bay looks pretty cooked to me. But that's your area of expertise.
it does but the long block might still be good. Still a lot of rubber and plastic there and the aluminum didn’t melt so it might not of gotten that hot. In any case the customer doesn’t need to know how bad it looked in the car. Probably over priced though. Unless you got a hot one in need of some paperwork or something.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
View attachment 181655

$12K. A bargain if I've ever seen one. A steal, if you will. Too good to be true.
You know what, that will decimate all, after, you put about fifteen grand in it or more. If we have to, overnight parts from Japan.
210522144653-01-fast-and-furious-paul-walker-supra-auction-super-tease.jpg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
@jimmydean here is your wet dream Youtube series plus you can steal their look too if you do not have it down already (I actually like these two guys)

This is a crazy build that I am totally jelly of. The C6Z is seriously one of the best packages minus the awful seats and the valve guides are garbage stock. If I get another it will likely be a C6Z. I just can't bring myself to pay $30k for a car being the cheap fucker I am.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
This is a crazy build that I am totally jelly of. The C6Z is seriously one of the best packages minus the awful seats and the valve guides are garbage stock. If I get another it will likely be a C6Z. I just can't bring myself to pay $30k for a car being the cheap fucker I am.
Only 30!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
FTC proposal to regulate car dealerships to curb shady dealer practices. Comment period ends September 12th. Dealers attempting to organize against. Worth watching at least halfway.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
FTC proposal to regulate car dealerships to curb shady dealer practices. Comment period ends September 12th. Dealers attempting to organize against. Worth watching at least halfway.

The horror stories I hear from customers is amazing.
I currently have a 2023 Hyundai Palisade on order for a guy in Delaware because the local dealers there are $5,000 over MSRP. I can see asking a premium for something exotic or with a limited production run but not for a dime a dozen production vehicle.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My buddy did a one year write up of his Plaid. So far the only complaints are the horn and turn signals. The yoke steering wheel is garbage, but really only an issue when parallel parking. The white interior (while I think is awful) is said to show minimal wear after 6k miles.

No long trips, lots of track days and spirited driving. It's interesting to hear him compare and contrast his 1200bhp GTR.

FB_IMG_1662932614610.jpg

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, definitely those ones. But white, beige and tan? Like who can keep their ass that clean all the time?
I had tan leather Cadillac DTS seats in my '66 C10 that were lovely. But most everything I have owned is grey or black.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I never know if there's some dirt on my ass or not, but at least it won't show in a black interior. ;)
I typically try to avoid black interiors because it's 4,000 fucking degrees here in the summertime. White car with a black interior, OK. Dark car with a black interior? Forget it... Black leather or fake leather? You're likely to burn your thighs on the seats.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
A38FD34C-DD93-4861-9D71-C68FBF4805FD.jpeg

didn’t have time to rent anything exotic or eclectic but ended up with an X1 for the week in Europe.

had the 2.0 liter turbo I4 and have to say I was pretty impressed, logged a couple thousand kilometers for the week and did 190-200KPH sustained, several times on the unrestricted sections of Germany and quite surprised how well it did for its displacement and weight.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
View attachment 181913

didn’t have time to rent anything exotic or eclectic but ended up with an X1 for the week in Europe.

had the 2.0 liter turbo I4 and have to say I was pretty impressed, logged a couple thousand kilometers for the week and did 190-200KPH sustained, several times on the unrestricted sections of Germany and quite surprised how well it did for its displacement and weight.
I have a similar engine in my Volvo and amazing what you can get out of an engine like that but not news in Euroland. My dad had a really fast turbo diesel when I got my license in 1990.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
View attachment 181913

This is exactly why Europeans roll their eyes at Americans demanding high displacement everything. It’s unnecessary.