Quantcast

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
9 manuals and 15 automatics that I can think of. Plus 3 stick dune buggies and the one dct. I might be missing a few.

I really wanna get a new something but I can’t decide what. Maybe a caddy ct5 or I’m kinda digging a new 2 dr bronco. I just don’t think I’m a sports car kinda guy. But it will be an auto ms Junkyard can drive it when I gotta drive the caddy xt4.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I drove a 2019 Rav 4 the other day (2.4L) and it had a ten fwd speed automatic box. Ten! I chucked in tiptronic to engine brake down a hill and I was like down, down, down, wft, down holy shit down ah at last…

Apart from that it was a piece of crap; far too big, rubbish stereo, gutless engine, I suppose low emissions at least but just buy an ev, and incredibly less bootspace than my old Golf. Big for big’s sake, fuck right off.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I drove a 2019 Rav 4 the other day (2.4L) and it had a ten fwd speed automatic box. Ten! I chucked in tiptronic to engine brake down a hill and I was like down, down, down, wft, down holy shit down ah at last…

Apart from that it was a piece of crap; far too big, rubbish stereo, gutless engine, I suppose low emissions at least but just buy an ev, and incredibly less bootspace than my old Golf. Big for big’s sake, fuck right off.
The wife's CRV has a CVT and it's weird. I've gotten a little used to it but it's weird when you punch it. I've never floored it (it's a crv) but I have had to merge in it.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
ICE engines seem shit and annoying to you.
Yeah I could see that happening, instant torque and no noise would be pretty sweet.
I'd need a brushed EV car so I could hit something with a hammer to make it work, I think there's a working 5KW motor at work but the controller is from the 70's. From memory it uses a combination of resistors and switching from parallel to series to control speed.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
This one almost makes sense, but I would drive the wheels off it

I have a good customer that had one in automatic. About 8 years ago he was trying to trade it in, I think we were around $24,000 back then. He ended up selling it for around $30k and bought new Corvette.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
my first auto started with the FX35...then the Rav4, then the Giulia, and now the Genesis. Before that all manual, too many to count.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

8 speed.

And the RAV4 cargo volume is 37.5/70 cu ft with seat up or down.

A 2010 Golf 5 door is 15/46 cu ft on that same metric.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think the Defender is one of the ugliest cars on the road today.

Right up there with the Nissan Juke and the Infiniti QX, which looks like a beluga whale or something.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think the Defender is one of the ugliest cars on the road today.
I can't think what car it was I saw the other day, but I almost started an ugly modern car thread for it.

But BMW beaver's and Lexus predators would be in it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I can't think what car it was I saw the other day, but I almost started an ugly modern car thread for it.

Yeah, Lexus just released a new super ugly LX-thing. The new civic is pretty ugly too, yeah the last one wasn’t for everyone, but this isn’t an improvement either.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

The beaver grill on the X series is so bad. Wow. I thought it was funny on the cars, but it's HUGE on the X.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
8 speed.

And the RAV4 cargo volume is 37.5/70 cu ft with seat up or down.

A 2010 Golf 5 door is 15/46 cu ft on that same metric.
Twas definitely 10. Said on the dash. Maybe Nihon import or something? From 2016:
BD048E12-D097-46E3-A9E1-6ACE568E7DFB.jpeg

And I had a Golf estate. The practical volumes are quite different if you want to see out the back. Could fit family luggage, golf clubs and food in golf vs. luggage and food only in Rav.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
FR in that name implies longitudinal engine layouts, as in RWD (and 4WD) platforms. Only application thus far seems to be the 300 series Land Cruiser. Perhaps that's what you drove.

:D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

The 2019 apparently had a CVT in FWD format with a 2.0 or a 2.5/AWD/8 speed automatic....in all markets. The CVT does "fake shift" and it sucks, maybe it's 10 virtual speeds like the subarus do?