Quantcast

-- The Christmas Eve Ride Thread --

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Anything of interest planned (that's bike related) for the next week or so? I'm not sure how much I'm going to be around, so let's get it all in here, and/or have someone else start these threads every day until I get back to work on the 3rd.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Just walked Tryon. Everything is frozen and no snow to speak of. Almost perfect conditions except for the frozen puddles. Going to dip in in a hour or so......jdcamb

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
jdcamb said:
Just walked Tryon. Everything is frozen and no snow to speak of. Almost perfect conditions except for the frozen puddles. Going to dip in in a hour or so......jdcamb
That's cool - trails should be in pretty good shape down here too. We got a lot of rain yesterday, but it was cold enough last night that the trails should be pretty well frozen. I was hoping to ride this morning before starting the family/holiday stuff, but I'm stuck here at work covering for all the lazy bastards who didn't come in today.

Kiltim

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Okinawa, Japan
Perfect riding conditions here in Oki. It was about 70 today with a cool ocean breeze. A little rain the other day which made some parts of the trails I ride a mud pit. Not thin muddy mud...but that thick yellow/orange clay mud that sticks to EVERYTHING and turns to cement when it dries.