Quantcast

The debates and stuff.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Bitches, please. Biden was way more composed and respectful than any Republican pinhead has ever acted towards President Blacky McIslam. Someone looked me in the eye and lied to my face like that in front of god and everyone, they'd be getting a punch in the dick.
Ned to spread the repz...

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Turn of your Fox news. Biden gave that little weasel all the respect he deserved.
I don't watch fox news :thumb: and I believe you were looking for "off"....

Politics always cracks me up. For the record I stand directly in the middle and have no desire to vote for either candidate. I like some things Romney wants to do, and I like some things Obama would like to do. But I don't trust either candidate and I don't believe that either party is lying more or less than the other.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Right...
So when a democrat interrupts, huffs, etc. , its being disrepectful...but when a republitard does it, he's praised for standing up for his principles. Gimme a fcuking break. Where was the republican condemnation when Joe Wilson yelled "you lie" during a State of the Union address???
Where a far higher expectation of decorum is present.

Oh right, there wasnt one.

Shut the fcuk up, you republitards, conservatives and closet conservative journalists.
I'm pretty sure I was only referring to the two candidates in the debate last night.

Way to resort to acting like a 3 year old and name calling though, shows your intelligence.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Politics always cracks me up. For the record I stand directly in the middle and have no desire to vote for either candidate. I like some things Romney wants to do, and I like some things Obama would like to do. But I don't trust either candidate and I don't believe that either party is lying more or less than the other.
:rofl:

Then Mittens could probably use your help

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Laughing every time your opponent slings a shovel of pure bullsh!t is a brilliant way to make viewers mentally review what was just said. Kudos to whoever thought of that and/or kudos to Biden for being a ballsy old bastard. He pulled the rug out from under that lying scumbag. I'd love to see him tear into Romney.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

If you truly stand 'in the middle' then there's not a god damned thing that romney has said that should appeal to you in terms of what he wants in real policy terms. Unless of course you don't really understand what he wants to do. That's what I'm bettin' on.

But you don't seem to be able to put it together from everyone else keeps saying so I'll go ahead and clarify in response to your earlier question

And the dems don't do the same thing?
No.

Not even close.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I see the guy who stands in the middle walked into a room full of closedminded lefties, I'll get back to the bike forums and leave you guys with your little politics forum.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Laughing every time your opponent slings a shovel of pure bullsh!t is a brilliant way to make viewers mentally review what was just said. Kudos to whoever thought of that and/or kudos to Biden for being a ballsy old bastard. He pulled the rug out from under that lying scumbag. I'd love to see him tear into Romney.
I along with some others I spoke with found it offensive. Oh well, carry on.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I see the guy who stands in the middle walked into a room full of closedminded lefties, I'll get back to the bike forums and leave you guys with your little politics forum.
You can call people names or you can elaborate on the equivalence statement you made. Show me a concerted effort by 'the dems' to characterize romney or ryan based on complete falsehoods.

The democrats right now are attacking the other side based on the idiocy of their ideas. The republicans are attacking someone who've they've made up out of fiction to strengthen their case.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

Care to expand on that somewhat? Because I've followed politics (almost) my whole life and I have NO F'ing clue what Romney "wants to do", or rather how he wants to accomplish it. I know he wants to cut taxes for everyone, increase military spending and eliminate the national debt, but unless Mormonism is a modern version of Alchemy and they've figured out how to turn pure bullsh!t into pure gold, it's mathematically impossible...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The lying on the Repub side is bad enough for me to walk. Call this one swing voter, in a swing state, swung.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:rofl:

Then Mittens could probably use your help
Shhh.....Quite you. This is exactly the sort of voter the Romney campaign is hoping to win with. I.E. the "Can't be bothered to educate myself" constituent.

If you truly stand 'in the middle' then there's not a god damned thing that romney has said that should appeal to you in terms of what he wants in real policy terms. Unless of course you don't really understand what he wants to do. That's what I'm bettin' on.
I've been seeing a lot more of this during this election cycle, even among people I consider otherwise articulate and intelligent. It's easy (too easy I think) to blame this on what most of us here would half jokingly refer to as the "Murica!" mentality, but when I'm honest with myself, I don't really think that's whats going on. I think it stems from frustration. It's the result of the money culture in politics. IMHO I think its caused the "average joe" to throw up their hands in frustration and say "fvck it, everyone's corrupt". FSM knows that there is every indication that unless you are Sheldon Adelson or George Soros with a big fat check you don't have a voice any more. I'm certainly guilty of using the words "kleptocracy" and "plutocrats" a lot more than I used too, but I don't understand how when someone feels disenfranchised to the point of saying both parties, or all politicians, are EXACTLY the same, that they can sit on their hands and do nothing about it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've been seeing a lot more of this during this election cycle, even among people I consider otherwise articulate and intelligent. It's easy (too easy I think) to blame this on what most of us here would half jokingly refer to as the "Murica!" mentality, but when I'm honest with myself, I don't really think that's whats going on. I think it stems from frustration. It's the result of the money culture in politics. IMHO I think its caused the "average joe" to throw up their hands in frustration and say "fvck it, everyone's corrupt". FSM knows that there is every indication that unless you are Sheldon Adelson or George Soros with a big fat check you don't have a voice any more. I'm certainly guilty of using the words "kleptocracy" and "plutocrats" a lot more than I used too, but I don't understand how when someone feels disenfranchised to the point of saying both parties, or all politicians, are EXACTLY the same, that they can sit on their hands and do nothing about it.
It's a lot easier to place your ignorance and inability to form an educated opinion on 'centrism' than admit the real truth.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
isnt it awesome the most recalcitrant republican (or at least, partisan to the republican´s party version plutocracy in disguise of anarcho-capitalism) on board comes from a place, of all places, so close to detroit, mi?

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Since you must have been in a coma for the last 12 years, I hope you are recovering well.
The only way you could be a true "centrist" today is if you were an utter batsh!tcrazy far-right Republican in the 1990s... Anyone who was even a right-leaning centrist back then (non-interventionalist foreign policy, balanced budgets, sensible welfare reform, more efficient government spending, etc) are so solidly Democrat these days it's not even funny.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The only way you could be a true "centrist" today is if you were an utter batsh!tcrazy far-right Republican in the 1990s... Anyone who was even a right-leaning centrist back then (non-interventionalist foreign policy, balanced budgets, sensible welfare reform, more efficient government spending, etc) are so solidly Democrat these days it's not even funny.
This.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
The lying on the Repub side is bad enough for me to walk. Call this one swing voter, in a swing state, swung.
You know it is getting bad when The Onion basically states the truth. It is a bit like the Sarah Palin SNL skits.

The Onion said:
Romney has pulled even with President Obama, and the former Massachusetts governor credits his rejuvenated campaign to one, singular tactic: lying a lot.

“I’m lying a lot more, and my lies are far more egregious than they’ve ever been,” a smiling Romney told reporters while sitting in the back of his campaign bus, adding that when faced with a choice to either lie or tell the truth, he will more than likely lie. “It’s a strategy that works because when I lie, I’m essentially telling people what they want to hear, and people really like hearing things they want to hear. Even if they sort of know that nothing I’m saying is true.”
http://www.theonion.com/articles/romney-proudly-explains-how-hes-turned-campaign-ar,29845/

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
am just watching the debate... and came to the "car crash" canned story....
damn, that was crass....
I actually think that one was an honest mistake. I don't think they would have handed Biden the sympathy card like that if they had any idea. It's a big part of Biden's personal narative but I think Ryan's handlers overlooked it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Oh jesus. I had completely forgotten about that. :shocked:
Yeah, I forgot about that too. I'm with Beef Supreme, I think he has to have just fvcked up there. Deliberately making that reference to Biden's personal history makes no sense whatsoever.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Missed the first 3/4 of it (climbing takes precedence) but seems like Obama did pretty well?
Brief summary of the first 3/4:

Romney: " I care about the middle class now, Obama sucks, I have a plan, and I know what it takes to fix the economy. "

Obama: " Mitt you're a lying asshole, and you don't have plan, now fvck off ! "

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Brief summary of the first 3/4:

Romney: " I care about the middle class now, Obama sucks, I have a plan, and I know what it takes to fix the economy. "

Obama: " Mitt you're a lying asshole, and you don't have plan, now fvck off ! "
Winner winner, chicken dinner. You know someone's full of isht when the moderator calls them out on a blatantly lie.

Last edited: