Quantcast

The French begin to see the light...

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
From todays NY Times online edition-

A day after Mr. Powell presented evidence to the Security Council that he said showed Iraq was deceiving inspectors in its determination to conceal or obtain nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, many experts said there were signs that France was preparing for a possible shift in position.

France's only aircraft carrier, the Charles de Gaulle, sailed this week from the southern port of Toulon for exercises in the Mediterranean. French media have reported that the country's military is engaged in a hurried effort to retrofit munitions so they would be compatible with American weapons.

France's former army chief of staff, Jacques Lanxade, told a French newspaper that the nation could send as many as 12,000 troops to Iraq if it comes to war.

Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin, speaking during a trip to India, said: "We're not systematically pacifist, but we think war isn't nice, and we don't want war. We know that it's the last resort that could be considered when all other options have been considered."

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I can see them now, the crew lined up on the decks of the De Gaul backsides facing the Iraqi coast broacasting this on the PA and Radio

Silly Iraqi's we fart in your general direction...

god I love Monty Python for leaving me seriously demented

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by eric strt6
I can see them now, the crew lined up on the decks of the De Gaul backsides facing the Iraqi coast broacasting this on the PA and Radio

Silly Iraqi's we fart in your general direction...

god I love Monty Python for leaving me seriously demented
I wave my private parts at your aunties.

Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries.

SandMan

Monkey
Sep 5, 2001
Montreal QC & Greenwich CT
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
Here we go, all the French-Canadians are gonna sway their opinions of an Iraqui war. :rolleyes:
What do French-Canadians have to do with the french from France? You realize French-Canadians live in Canada and France is across the Atlantic, and the one's that gave you that Statue of Liberty.