Quantcast

The Guitar Thread

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Alright you guitar monkies, let's see what you've got! I'm gonna post mine up soon, but in the meantime let's see your gitters.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
peavey raptor plus with a marshall mg50dfx amp. nothing great but it's worked for me for the past 5 years so i've grown to like it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I did not know there were other guitars besides.....

FTW

narlus picture

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Warmoth Custom: Swamp Ash Strat body painted white w/ "Sublime" tattoo in black under the bridge, Hum / Single, PRS stop-tail piece, birdseye maple neck w/ white bound ebony fretboard, Duncan Custom 5 in the bridge, Duncan little 59'er in the neck, Schaller tuners, 2 vol, 1 tone

Warmoth / WD Custom: WD Hard Ash strat body, Hum/single/single, Warmoth plain maple neck, Gibson PAF Plus, 1 vol. early EVH replica (white and black stripes on a red background)

1999 Fender American Vintage Series 62' Stratocaster: 3-tone sunburst, 3 left-handed Duncan Vintage Staggered P.U.'s, everything else stock.

2002 Alvarez Professional Series 12-String acoustic, spruce top, X-bracing, bound ebony fretboard, no dot markers

1963 Gibson Johnny Smith (belongs to my Dad): Flame maple neck, back and sides... very cool.

Guitar Ted

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Gibson Les Paul Standard, 1998 model

Fender American series Strat w/ Lace sensors, maple fretboard, vintage white, (looks like a light yellow), 1988

Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat, Blackie model, Lace sensors, 1990 model

Epiphone SC-450, Dual humbuckers, stop tail piece, circa late 70's

Gretsch hollowbody, custom ordered, body of a Nashville and electronics of a Country Gentleman, Bigsby whammy, 1972 model

Hamer Blitz, dual humbuckers, blocked tremelo tailpiece, black and white paint job, (looks like an Explorer painted half white, half black) 1984 model

Peavey Horizon II, hum sing hum, tremelo, metallic silver,1983

"Pawn shop special" Explorer knock off with one humbucker and
Fender style neck and tailpiece, circa early 80's

Taylor 610 CE acoustic, tobacco sunburst, 2004

Fender Jazz V bass, black with Pau Ferro fret board,1999

next?.............:banana:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Martin SPD-16 (I fumble around on it, and it makes me sound like I kinda know what I am doing when I really don't) It is sweet, and its tone is as beautiful as its looks!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
2 strats. A mexican-made 60's reissue in 'photoflame' (the so-called Hamburgler Guitar) and a American-made texmex which is sort of a clear-cream burst with a black pickguard. Both have rosewood fret boards. As for amps, I have a Marshal Valvestate Halfstack and a Roland JC-120 reissue. And more pedals than you can stomp with 8 feet.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Here's the junk that this keyboard player keeps around, just in case I get the urge to work a plectrum:

Ibanez G10
Some junky nylon string acoustic
A 12 string I restored for the fun of it, can't remember the brand.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stevew, i agree - they are definitely a very cool guitar:
Mustangs are cool, yes, but they play like crap. They were never really meant to be a good guitar. They don't stay in tune for 5 minutes (not an issue for Sonic Youth obviously) and of the ones I've picked up (both original and reissue) they feel pretty dead. Damn that Kurt Cobain for making them popular....

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
did kurt start that? I always associated either kevin shields or j mascis for the mustang revolution.
I'm not sure who started it but Kurt was much more visible. I would assume one of the main reasons Fender reissued the Mustang was that every kid coming in to a guitar shop after "Smells like teen spirit" broke wanted a guitar just like his.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I'm not sure who started it but Kurt was much more visible. I would assume one of the main reasons Fender reissued the Mustang was that every kid coming in to a guitar shop after "Smells like teen spirit" broke wanted a guitar just like his.
Maybe it's because of that nice thin neck that's easy to play bar and powerchords on ;)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I can't count how many guitars I've owned, but this is the one electric that remains.
My acoustics: an Ovation 6 and a Giannini 12-string.

shred, yo.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Guitar:
Cheap ass '89 Epiphone bass, still holding up.

Rig, etc:
1. mid-70's Ampeg V4 bass head, 100 watts.
2. mid-70's Kustom 2-15 cabinet (black puffy covering, like your old banana seat!). EV Speakers.
3. some cheap EQ pedal + Super Fuzz Big Muff reissue pedal.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Rig, etc:
1. mid-70's Ampeg V4 bass head, 100 watts.
2. mid-70's Kustom 2-15 cabinet (black puffy covering, like your old banana seat!). EV Speakers.
3. some cheap EQ pedal + Super Fuzz Big Muff reissue pedal.
Nice rig. I love the way those old Ampegs sound. Real punchy.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ibanez 540p: super rare US made model, I've never seen another one in person. I'll never sell that guitar.

Digitech twin tube pre-amp
Peavy 50/50 tube power amp
Genz Benz 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestions

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
Had to post in this thread. My first Guitar was a Schecter S-1 Elite. Mine is a 2000 so it look a little dif. from the one in this pic. but it dose have the same finish and body style. Schecter kind of get's bashed a bit but this guitar is off the scale. Super fat frets & the best action gutiar I have ever felt. My Metal head buddy tried it out after playing his Fender Strat for so long and feel in love.

I also have a clear coat wood finish Febder Strat. and some cheap Gibson Acoustic.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i know it said guitar but here are all of my axe-type things....

1986 Yari Alvarez DY-66 soon to be going on up for sale..all 3 signatures still intact....

Washburn B-16 Banjo-going up for sale soon as well.....

and finally...my favorite of all which will not be going up for sale
Englehart C-1 3/4 up right bass......its about 19 years old-ish...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Gumba, your strat looks like just like mine except I added a humbucker.

I've also got a 69 blonde tele.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
I just got a Fender strat...3 days ago. Can't play much yet beyond scale and chord practice...and some blink 182 riffs. :bonk:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Just stick with it. It's frustrating at first, but don't let your calusses get you down. ;)

I gave it up for 2 years and wish I never had. Now I'm playing more than ever.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
Just stick with it. It's frustrating at first, but don't let your calusses get you down. ;)

I gave it up for 2 years and wish I never had. Now I'm playing more than ever.
Sadly right now it's MIA. I needed to get somthig adjusted slightly and the place has had it for 2 days stating that the guy that works on them didn't come in yet. I'm itching to get it back.

...I think i'm being punished for all the times I kept a bike overnight because I didn't feel like rushing it in at the end of the day.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Gumba, your strat looks like just like mine except I added a humbucker.

I've also got a 69 blonde tele.
Mine is a Highway one if that makes a difference, its also more red then I think it appears in the photo. Honestly I love it, and I think I wouldn't mind replacing my amp or pickups and just keeping the guitar because I love the way it feels and looks. I also have a taylor acoustic I'll post pics of, man that thing is great.