Quantcast

The "I Have Zero Faith In Humanity" Thread

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Couple of things.
Keeping Israel safe from all the brown people.
They are a shining light of democracy in a sea of dictators.

End Times bullshit.
Basically keeping the religious right quiet on one issue.
For armageddon / rapture to take place Israel must exist according to biblical prophecy.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
cross post

Another open caring man of the cloth

http://www.thewrap.com/orlando-shooting-homophobic-pastor-sacramento/

“I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job — because these people are predators,” Roger Jimenez says

A homophobic pastor in Sacramento praised the Orlando terror attack that killed 49 people, saying during a sermon, “They deserve what they got.”

Pastor Roger Jimenez’s sermon from Verity Baptist Church was posted to YouTube the day after the tragedy, as first reported byKHOU in Houston. The video has since been removed. In the video, he told his congregation that the gay victims of the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history are pedophiles.

“Are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?” asked Jimenez. “Um, no, I think that’s great. I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida, is a little safer tonight. The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job, because these people are predators. They are abusers.”

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Can anybody confirm why we have such a hard-on for Israel?
Repubs
  • Bible says some bullshit about the resurgence of Israel being part of the Apocalypse. Right wing Christians get erect over prophetic symbols of the end of the world. Battle of the temple mount or the rebuilding of Solomon's temple signaling the end of the world, or some bullshit like that. A google search will result in a long list of poorly written websites in all caps and terribly readability.
  • Some people would rather have Jews on the other side of the world than in their neighborhood.
  • Israel kills browner people
Dems
  • Jews have been treated like shit for millennia. They are particularly upset about the mostly successful attempt at their genocide in the not so distant past. American jews see a strong Israel as a means to prevent this.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Dems
  • Jews have been treated like shit for millennia. They are particularly upset about the mostly successful attempt at their genocide in the not so distant past. American jews see a strong Israel as a means to prevent this.
will smear if they don't think you are a jew...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
will smear if they don't think you are a jew...

Do you mean a shmear, like on a bagel, or the zionist new world order?

Can't say my experiences fit either mold. By buddy Solly used to carry some weak ass joints cut with tobacco but not sure where that fits.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Do you mean a shmear, like on a bagel, or the zionist new world order?
if you happen to be a 74 year old man and running for president against an entitled cunt....some in the dnc might question how much of a jew you are....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
if you happen to be a 74 year old man and running for president against an entitled cunt....some in the dnc might question how much of a jew you are....
How do you wash the the stains from your pillow case from the tears you have shed for Mr. Sanders?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pure evil

“The only thing I can hope to God for is that he was dead before he was burned,” Gary told the newspaper. “You expect your parents to die before you, but to die a horrendous death like that is unimaginable. My father’s death is a tragic loss. The community lost one of its pillars.”

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Blame the consumer, Americans want moar cheap shit now.
They had nothing do with the trend back then, the trend was based in unethical engineering:

The thousand-hour life span of the modern incandescent dates to 1924, when representatives from the world’s largest lighting companies—including such familiar names as Philips, Osram, and General Electric (which took over Shelby Electric circa 1912)—met in Switzerland to form Phoebus, arguably the first cartel with global reach. The bulbs’ life spans had by then increased to the point that they were causing what one senior member of the group described as a “mire” in sales turnover. And so, one of its priorities was to depress lamp life, to a thousand-hour standard. The effort is today considered one of the earliest examples of planned obsolescence at an industrial scale.