Quantcast

The Jumps

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
I had a chance to check out a certain dirtjump trail at the top of a certain hill and was impressed with some of the stuff/riders I saw there. I'd still like to film some of the locals if anyone's up for that.

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
we're alwasys down for more cameras.what do you have?we need a death lens if you know anyone and we dont have any nondigital still cameras.there is also quite a lot of heat on the hill right now because of the new lines so please be careful.the city isnt exactly stoked on the project.post up if you want to meet up for a ride,tues and thurs are good for me.if you get this soon a couple fools and i are gonna ride street today in a few hours.late-

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
Not sure what a 'death lens' is, but I currently run a Canon A2 swapping out a 70-200/f2.8 lens and a 17-35/f2.8-4.0 lens for wideangle duties. It's a 35mm film SLR still camera.

I'm mostly available on weekends only nowadays or before 11:00 on weekdays. Just let me know when ya'll plan on being out there and who/what to look for.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i saw two...one was at top, then another above the creek bed...that second one was damn intimidating. both were actually. i noticed a bridge by the creek bed that had been broken...guess that just ran over the creek bed.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Several of us from SA hit the trails yesterday. They are really fun and some are quite big. I took my hardtail and wished I had my bigger bike. Some suspension on the back would have given me some much need confidence to get over a couple of those bigger ones, but the trails are really nice and those guys have done a really nice job. Plus they all are super cool and really nice to hang out with. Thanks....

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
dudes, thank yall for finally coming up and riding with us.its really satisfying to see new people at the trails having fun. i wish the dude on the tazer would have ridden some of the other lines though.that guy was too smooth to not be riding everything.next time bring the big bikes and we'll hit the DH runs.if the weather is good i hope to see yall back as soon as possible.lates-T

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, that guy is a BMX pro and is so smooth is disgusting. I marvel at how smooth he is. But he funny that way, cuz he rides BMX national tracks mostly he gets funny about lines that aren't BMXish. If that makes sense.

We did get to ride the DH trails, but on our hardtails it was a little rough, but I throughly enjoyed them. We are all planning on coming up again next Sunday and we will bring our big bikes. However, it has been a long time since I've jumped that monstrosity, I may not know how.:eek:

Hope to see ya again.

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
do you guys ever ride with jason sunday? one of my friends went down there this past week and had some amazing footage of him... so much style

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
i think ive met him before. he built some of the pimpinest 20" lines on the southside.last i saw of them they were getting bigger and had an extreme right hip in the works.havent been back in a while due to other projects though.i also dont ride 20's so i couldnt jump anything anyway,they are tight and technical.probably the cleanest jumps around and have served as inspiration for other projects.do you ever get down to ATX hacim?

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
i haven't had the chance to go down there yet due to an ankle injury and bike problems, but now that everything is starting to turn around for me i might try to take a trip down there. it's a 6 hr drive from here so it's not a very convenient w/end trip, but maybe this summer i will be lucky enough to visit.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
You can make it from Durango to Austin in 6 hrs? I don't think you can even make it out of the state in 6hr from Austin. The closest would be Mexico.

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
The city has been out at the jumps all week wrecking havok. They attempted to tear down one of the large step downs and we fear they will be back for more. A bunch of people were trying to get out there today to try to prevent anymore damage. We will keep you posted as to the riding conditions for the weekend. As of now most of the lines are still good to go...

Onehittah

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
That really sucks!

I experienced the same thing on some jumps we had back in Tennessee. We always lost and had our stuff torn down. The only solution was to move to private land. Probably no chance of that in Austin though.

Let us know, the SA gang was going to head up there again on Sunday.

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
The lines that you were hitting on Sunday are all still good to go. I will let you know if anything else gets changed. We have some dudes that are going to be out there today, so hopefully we can put a stop to any additional deconstruction.

maggotbrain

Chimp
Dec 24, 2001
atx
yall should come up for sure.the city doesnt have enough manpower to tear down much between now and then plus im pretty sure the only things they didnt like were the manmade bridge into the stepdown and other out of place suport type stuff.so come up.i should be getting off work around three again. also, depending on how today goes there might be a new line.SWEET.

SQUASHER, if you bring the drop crown so we can trade ill buy you a sixpack.

Hacim

Chimp
Aug 12, 2001
Durango, CO
i guess i should change the location on my profile... i am currently in oklahoma, but only for a few more months and then i'm back to durango.

p.s. never move out of state with someone who is a total momma's boy. they will want to move back & screw everything up for you

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
Unfortunatley Maggotbrain broke his arm at the jumps yesterday, and now today is his birthday. This sucks, he will now just have to gimp around the jumps and take video fotage. Happy Birthday.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Ill bring the crown. I dont drink (long story) so dont worry bout the sixpack. Yo can buy me lunch at Micca Dies sometime ;)You scared profro with the broken arm, he may not go, but me, James and the other dude on the Kona will be there.
Sorry to hear about your arm, heal fast!!!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
No need to make fun. I told you with my trip to Utah planned I am not sure its worth the risk this close to departure. I remember you saying the samething before your trip to Colorado.

Onehittah

Monkey
Mar 27, 2003
Austin
Originally posted by profro
What was he doing that caused him to brake his arm? Which line? Wish him a speedy recovery.
The only thing that I can answer is the line that he was doing. He was doing "Lefty" line and I believe he went down on the 1st jump after the jump over the berm that leads into the 6 pack.

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Originally posted by Onehittah
The only thing that I can answer is the line that he was doing. He was doing "Lefty" line and I believe he went down on the 1st jump after the jump over the berm that leads into the 6 pack.
Ouch, thats the big one too. You are flying when you hit that. That suks :(

Squasher

Monkey
Aug 20, 2001
K-Ville
Originally posted by profro
No need to make fun. I told you with my trip to Utah planned I am not sure its worth the risk this close to departure. I remember you saying the samething before your trip to Colorado.
I know, just givin ya a hard time ;) You can still go and be video man with Maggotbrain :p

chasten

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
atx
squasher, C_T, and i were there... and a BUNCH of other people. i know who most of them are IRL, but i don't know RM handles, yet... oh yeah: onehittah was there, for sure... yeah. i don't know. i have some vid's though.