Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

Great ride today, 85 and overcast with a good breeze. My usual XC river trail, there are many ways to loop - today I did 8.7 miles in 94 minutes. I choose today's route to maximise the number of short punchy climbs, I made all but 2 because hardtail. There is only 685 feet of gain but still a good workout close enough to ride everyday. I only passed one other rider on trails I rode, the strava riders seem to avoid the twisties.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
D4F58736-1F39-4738-8F27-E9674D1500B5.jpeg
Ehrmagherd, I installed a Pike. I’ve never tried one.

I went and bought the debonair upgrade but haven’t installed it yet.

It kinda felt like cheating and I’ve not really even dialed it in yet.

I can’t believe I waited so long to get one.

First test ride was a success. Not my fastest Stravas, but smoothest by a mile. Apologies to @kazlx for the top cap replacement. Fork was threaded for a oneup EDC!
1CA20565-B692-46CB-8176-B9834038DC39.jpeg

View attachment 129555 Ehrmagherd, I installed a Pike. I’ve never tried one.

I went and bought the debonair upgrade but haven’t installed it yet.

It kinda felt like cheating and I’ve not really even dialed it in yet.

I can’t believe I waited so long to get one.

First test ride was a success. Not my fastest Stravas, but smoothest by a mile. Apologies to @kazlx for the top cap replacement. Fork was threaded for a oneup EDC!
View attachment 129554
I likes my Pike.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
That the new trail in Lake Lure you were talking about ?
yup. it’s an imba wet dream machine built switchbackfest. the surroundings and the views were worth it...maybe once it beds and grows in it’ll be ok...but you still have to climb around 3000’ in the first 6 miles. a lot of it is also sidehill, which sketches me out going fast coming back down. i ran out of time before i could get to the end of the trail. i’d go back just to complete it, but probably not really otherwise. trail name is weed patch. it starts off of the buffalo creek trails loop.

Thoughts on new seat post?
it went up and down. didn’t bob or wiggle. trigger felt ok...but i never really had a problem with the reverb push button one...easy to install...we’ll see how it ages, but good so far

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
yup. it’s an imba wet dream machine built switchbackfest. the surroundings and the views were worth it...maybe once it beds and grows in it’ll be ok...but you still have to climb around 3000’ in the first 6 miles. a lot of it is also sidehill, which sketches me out going fast coming back down. i ran out of time before i could get to the end of the trail. i’d go back just to complete it, but probably not really otherwise. trail name is weed patch. it starts off of the buffalo creek trails loop.
I looked it up, figured it'd be a bobsled run. But could be fun to ride once for the views as Pisgah gnar seldom gives up the goods in the summer.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Went for a 3rd ride today, but it was a shuttle, and I didn’t want to hold up the gang.

Although, some guys who usually lead rides couldn’t keep up with me today.

WITNESS THE FITNESS.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
You'll probably want to run 3 volume spacers on that fork
I’m having a hard time figuring it out. I have 2 spacers, running about 45-50psi, and 6 clicks in from open of LSC.

No harsh bottom out, but I find it’s a bit dive-y. I’m way over the front end more than I’m used to.

I’ve not installed the debonair yet. Soon.