Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
First ride on the N+1 was on the mellow xc ski trails in West Yellowstone (Rendezvous)

Riding bikes is fun I should do this every day...

Strangely enough they (GG) forgot the bolt for my seat post collar, so in addition to a dropper post my seat moves side to side.

Hardware store metric bolt head was a bit too large, but had some work done on the yeti at the bike shop in West Yellowstone, and may have found the right part in their box of bolts.

Otherwise a new bolt and collar will be waiting for me in Bozeman

Haven't used the dropper post on a ride yet cuz the trails were pretty mellow but it does make it easier to put the bike in the car.

I think my crushed vertebrae would appreciate a riser stem, and I suspect it'll take me a couple of weeks of fussing with the fancy fork and shock to dial it in

IMG_20230824_130937084_MF_PORTRAIT_copy_2000x1500.jpg

11/10 would bang again...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Back to back rides/posts that courtesy phone is mine, all mine!!!!

Ridge overlook bong shed / banana break.The only real climb here:

IMG_20230825_124222720_HDR_copy_2000x1125.jpg

While not the most technical riding the views, lack of people, open water and birds as well as the absence of -hangry bears for the most part make Harriman State Park a nice local option.

Year round fun with XC and fat bike grooming in the snowy season
Harriman-Trail-Map-1.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Was able to ride today. Drove through hellish rain to get there, which made my chain feel like a pepper mill for the first kilometer. Friggin sandy as heck now in this forest.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
3/3 on the N+1.

Today I went up to coffin Lake a place I haven't been to in decade plus but I remembered it had a brutal climb and 11ty billionty rocks and roots.

It was a tough climb even the three e-bikers I saw out on the trail were suffering, then it rained when I was about a half a mile from the lake and I realized I left my rain jacket in my lazy river bag yesterday so had some anxiety about getting hypothermic.

The sun came out at the lake and I was able to dry my jersey halfway.

Looks like a bear had been digging for grubs on this dead log where I pulled over
IMG_20230826_143956040_HDR_copy_2000x1125.jpg

Last time I was here I watched two bald eagles fish for a half an hour...

My favorite trail sheep lake is just up and over that ridge line, you come near here if you do the epic mile to sheep connector...

IMG_20230826_144101101_copy_2000x1125.jpg

The new bike lived up to its expectations today, I was dropping off rocks and and bumping into things on purpose, and it never flinched.

Too it reminds me how I felt when I moved from the Santa Cruz Superlight to the Yeti, it feels almost too fast.

I'm going to hurt myself with this bike but I'm in love...

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Thoughts and prayers for those two sticks holding back the logs.
Where is your sense of adventure? :homer:
Had to decide if I should post it here or in the bad trailbuilding thread.
Cool that they build stuff, but like with most other features there, it is not sustainable or needs a lot of maintenance. The logs will rot and then you need to rebuild it.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Four blocks of this… first day of school with a bit of rain. They should have walked or biked like regular.

IMG_4049.jpeg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Got 8hrs sleep, woke up and my normal muscle aches were gone.
Figured a bike ride was in order, but I had no energy after 5km, told my riding chum to carry on without me, boooo!
IMG_20230903_134932.jpg

Last edited: