Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Splendid ride today. Some hero dirt out there..

Minus the actual mountains and the leaf blowing crap, pedaling through some of the nooks and valleys felt like a wintery day in North Carolina.

All the delicate flowers in our group who aren't riding are really missing out. :D

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, that's part of a massive gas-line project the is going to go from the jungle/Brazil to the Pacific Ocean. Bit of a boondoggle. But they have built and maintain thousands of miles of private roads that we get to use for shuttling. (that is at 15,000 feet).

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Say it was tacky without saying it was tacky.
Say it was slippery without saying it was slippery
Say it was fun without saying it was fun

1000005249.jpg

1000005247.jpg
1000005248.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Say it was tacky without saying it was tacky.
Say it was slippery without saying it was slippery
Say it was fun without saying it was fun

View attachment 203299
View attachment 203300View attachment 203301
Now that the freezing temps are here, whats your method for cleaning off the bike when it gets dirty like that?

My bike is still in the car, coated in crud. I'm reluctant to try the hose... I think I usually just brush it off after a while, but thats not ideal for the chain and whatnot.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Now that the freezing temps are here, whats your method for cleaning off the bike when it gets dirty like that?

My bike is still in the car, coated in crud. I'm reluctant to try the hose... I think I usually just brush it off after a while, but thats not ideal for the chain and whatnot.
I usually just brush the dirt off and lube the drivetrain. But for this, I have no method. Since summer bike season seems to be over I'll
just bring it in and do the annual tear down.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nice. Messed around on some trails. Picked up and moved a bunch of fallen crap from recent trees.

Other than some weird shifting, probably caused by a stick going into the derailleur each of the last few rides, man the bike feels so good right now. I really need to take some time are start writing my settings down before riding.