Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Conditions here are so good right now, if you can ignore the 0c temps.

Girlfriend has had a chest cold since the end of her cruise, so today was rough on the lungs. Called it quits midway.

Such great dirt right now and with the temps, double bonus with there being much less people out.

GOOD

Also...are those new wheels and fork?

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
GOOD

Also...are those new wheels and fork?
Good, yes! But I do enjoy le fatbike. As long as it stays solid its great. Supposed to get warmer + rain later this week. Le sux.

Yep, @junkyard 36 and a set of reserve wheels. My original wheelset was pretty beat up. Reminds me I should send my Pike to get it fix and keep it as backup.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
That your local superfund site?
This is another trail system we call Konnowac Pass. It's on the verge of being a "public" asset. I've been cutting trails out at Kwac since 2011 and there's close to 20 miles of singletrack. It's been locals only since the beginning but thats shifting...

Heres an older map

Rattlesnake Hills Trails v1.1.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This is another trail system we call Konnowac Pass. It's on the verge of being a "public" asset. I've been cutting trails out at Kwac since 2011 and there's close to 20 miles of singletrack. It's been locals only since the beginning but thats shifting...

Heres an older map

View attachment 203576
Sorry, zooming in on the computer I see it's fields of some kind. On the phone it looked like earthworks - when they're either burying or unburying the pollution :)

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sorry, zooming in on the computer I see it's fields of some kind. On the phone it looked like earthworks - when they're either burying or unburying the pollution :)
IMO, alot of these fields are getting enough chemical applications to be considered toxic. Its better than outright dumping and burying pollution but still knarly.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
First proper ride since I singlespeeded it again. (It's normally rigid through the winter). 25 miles and 3000ft of vert at a perfect loop for it, Buffalo Creek.
AJCVy6oxI8CelTTIX62qYm-hNOYHCywuW8wZ4AHxYX0-2048x1186.jpg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Is your tensioner tensioning enough?
Yessir, it's the first time I've been able to run that tensioner pushing up, gearing of 30/20. I always had to have it pulling down when I used to run 32/20 due to the extra chain length and it always ended up giving me grief. Today it was perfect, zero issues.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Yessir, it's the first time I've been able to run that tensioner pushing up, gearing of 30/20. I always had to have it pulling down when I used to run 32/20 due to the extra chain length and it always ended up giving me grief. Today it was perfect, zero issues.
I run 32x22 but has me some horizontal dropouts. Oval chainring even, so good! SS and oval are a match made in heaven.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I used to walk my Grandmas dog here when I was 10 or 11. The grid points toward the north here? The hillock is Laurier Park, right? St Viatuer Bagels are down there.
This photo is on the west side of the mountain, not the east. There is a place on that side that looks similar to this, but I don’t know it as laurier park… maybe the name changed? It would be parc jeanne mance/mont royal, near parc & mont royal streets. If that’s not it, I can’t think of where else. A fresh bagel would be fantastic right now.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
snuck out for a solo lunch ride today to see if my back was better. It was a nice day for a ride. Perhaps one of the last days in "the comfort zone" (49°F/10°C)...

1700170554424.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Get off the trail bud, it isnt safe

There's poop hidden in those leaves.
DONT GET ME STARTED

A horse shit in the middle of some rocks on a trail we pedal up this week. They are out to get us in this particular forest. Someone must have mouthed off the wrong Karen.

WKD-RDR

Chimp
Aug 8, 2008
Goulder
Trails were spicy yesterday.
In fact, my neighbor took an unplanned trailside siesta. I was able to wake him and help him down the hill, and the boy was able to keep the rubber side down.

20231118_142652.jpg