Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
IMG_6910.jpeg
IMG_6974.jpeg
IMG_6992.jpeg

Northern michigan and vermont people know what a bumpjumper/jackjumper is. Best sled around.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It rained for 28 hours and then stopped about 12 hours ago. Trails were hero dirt today! It was fantastic - shorts, no gloves, no mud, sunlight enough to get back to the truck.

Resized_20231207_161546.jpeg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The fork is weird, I have oodles of pressure in it because I am fat but the rebound is still oddly slow, I also have compression on minimum. I wouldn't buy the bike again if I had the choice, it is a bit of a wheelie machine on hills and the front feels shorter than the 480mm reach it has.
IMG_20231217_184117.jpg

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
@dump Montreal seems to be getting its shit together with facilities like this.

I’ve still never been to the “new” Allez-Up…. It looks amazing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What did you ride?
lower lot -> up Master Link then Quick Link -> up road (skipped Power Link headed up on recommendation of my buddy) to picnic table. down via East Tiger to Off The Grid, stayed on OTG at the NOTG junction. then slog sideways via Crosshaul, left at Inside Passage, then down via Atlas.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 7.59.12 PM.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
lower lot -> up Master Link then Quick Link -> up road (skipped Power Link headed up on recommendation of my buddy) to picnic table. down via East Tiger to Off The Grid, stayed on OTG at the NOTG junction. then slog sideways via Crosshaul, left at Inside Passage, then down via Atlas.

View attachment 205341
Good call for what I assume were rather wet conditions. I wish Atlas ran the length of the whole mountain.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
have you done Predator? is it a big bike kind of thing or would be fine?
Depends how aggro you are. I want to have at least 6" travel for it with 200 rotors and you have to ride it pretty aggro to keep from digging a wheel in. You gotta have the attitude that you are going to kick it's ass...otherwise, you'll be running to the choppa.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Depends how aggro you are. I want to have at least 6" travel for it with 200 rotors and you have to ride it pretty aggro to keep from digging a wheel in. You gotta have the attitude that you are going to kick it's ass...otherwise, you'll be running to the choppa.
can't tell if serious or not

:D

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've ridden it in the misting wet, but I had to slow down some. Pretty sure that was my first time on it.

A lot can be rolled...some has to be committed to though and you need the forward momentum (critical) to clean a lot of stuff. Barring that, you need to be comfortable kicking the front out at the last minute off a drop-steep roller to prevent it from digging too far down into a wheel-catcher. Again, not so much that they are outright drops...but you need significant forward momentum on a lot of them and the commitment can be pretty scary to make that work. Just look at the trailforks elevation profile and how much it drops in the distance. That gives you an idea of how steep it is and how much brakes you need for control (a lot). IMO, having ridden in Whistler and now Whitehorse, Predator is appropriately rated. It doesn't have any 40 foot drops from skinnies or any of that kind of crazy stuff, but for the vast vast majority of riders, it's appropriately rated and a step up from NOTG or some of the other trails.