Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
More snowbike pictures for Kidwoo. Owl-Box trail. The tracks in front are my tracks from the day before. No one else had ridden.
24jFB3LRAZWDrZQbJVrm52JBbNYMGl0SjxRrb3Cz50w-1536x2048 (1).jpg
jMWZ58rqn7k8iFUD0rxyvf-CikUi4T4LLGh6q_YCTVI-1536x2048.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Only got to ride on the local pond once this year. Too sketchy otherwise :(

All the fish huts are already pulled off of Lake Simcoe, something that doesn't usually happen for another few weeks at the very least.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
trail02.JPG

trail01.JPG

Conditions were not the best, but that's all we had. More people used to ride those trails on their fat bikes, but I understand why there were not many tracks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We expected absolute shit, but it was awesome out there today. The snow is thin enough that the slush wasn't really a factor, except for a few small spots. Got to ride down some of the sweet downhill singletracks.

What wasnt great was my bars rolling back at the bottom of a hill. I guess i didnt tighten the stem enough, after moving the brakes around this morning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man, riding a ridged fat bike on fast rooty trails really beats the crap out of my hands. :rofl:

Trails are pretty wet, with the occasional ice patch.

Go figure, some horses have gone down a few single track trails and really messed them up.

Also got to watch this large owl run down the trail and then fly away. Pretty cool.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
MCRT. It goes from the city all the way out through hudson toward Marlboro or other points west. They’re making incredible progress, and the state it paying for it
Oh damn, Boston to Northampton. Thats awesome. I'll have to check it out some day. Makes me wish they'd extend the Nashua River rail trail that far south so I could easily link up. That might make owning a road bike feel worth it.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Oh damn, Boston to Northampton. Thats awesome. I'll have to check it out some day. Makes me wish they'd extend the Nashua River rail trail that far south so I could easily link up. That might make owning a road bike feel worth it.
It is still very much in the works. They've done incredible work clearing out the old railway, but they still need to finish the bridges, bury the cable, then pave the whole thing. They're doing it in batches now that my stupid town stopped fighting it so hard. Eventually you'll be able to ride it from end to end, stopping in Belmont or Cambridge, I think. Right now I use part of it for my commute, from Wayland to Weston, do a little urbex, then back on it in waltham.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Short ride in the rain. There was more ice than I anticipated, I guess lots of people were snowshoeing in here?

I was the only one in there. It was nice.

Soon....

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yesterday white rims were hilarious.
This morning I opened the garage door and felt sad, what a hideous pair of wheels, hahaha!
IMG_20240310_123229.jpg

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Congorats on the dropper! Not very hack of you.

Just ride through some mud or dog poo, that'll colour the rims.
The Tranz-X or whatever that came with the Torrent is smoother and better, but I already owned this. Other bike has the current Magura E-dropper, it's more shit again, but I think mine had some swarf in it from the factory.

It will get the Magura MT7s off my other bike when the TRP stuff comes.