Quantcast

The Liberation of Limbaugh

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I thought about what happens if the Democrats fail to do their jobs well in the next 2 years.

I think the problem with Congress is not just politics, but that they failed to do their jobs well. Fewest days worked, no check&balances with the Executive Branch, and the corruption.

I think change was necessary, and I hope the democrats don't just line their pockets now. But I think after 13 years of second place, I bet they do a great job.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I thought about what happens if the Democrats fail to do their jobs well in the next 2 years.

I think the problem with Congress is not just politics, but that they failed to do their jobs well. Fewest days worked, no check&balances with the Executive Branch, and the corruption.

I think change was necessary, and I hope the democrats don't just line their pockets now. But I think after 13 years of second place, I bet they do a great job.
Since the democrats did not even put up a fight when all the problems happened - don't get your hopes up.

Dems winning does not mean that they are suddenly going to grow spines and brains...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Since the democrats did not even put up a fight when all the problems happened - don't get your hopes up.

Dems winning does not mean that they are suddenly going to grow spines and brains...
I hate to base my opinion on one article, but this Rolling Stone piece http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/12055360/cover_story_time_to_go_inside_the_worst_congress_ever/, was very interesting.

There was not much the democrats could do. The Republicans set the committee rules, which was very interesting to learn about. Ultimately it was their game, and many democrats did their best to figure it out.